• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thunderstorms..

I like to watch a good Thunder and Lightning storm..last week we had one where it the rain came down so fast, I thought I left the shower on. Is anybody experiencing thunderstorms tonight? There's a big SW to NE front with associated storms about 80 mils to the west..so we might get some severe weather. Next to watching a good snowstorm or hurricane..a but Thunderstorm is exciting to watch..

gmcunni

yikes, didn't realize it was going to be a stormy night.
hfd_None_anim.gif

I don't remember drinking those 40s, and we had a real humdinger of a Thunderstorm earlier..only a half inch of rain..

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I like to watch a good Thunder and Lightning storm..last week we had one where it the rain came down so fast, I thought I left the shower on. Is anybody experiencing thunderstorms tonight? There's a big SW to NE front with associated storms about 80 mils to the west..so we might get some severe weather. Next to watching a good snowstorm or hurricane..a but Thunderstorm is exciting to watch..

If you really want some pants-changing action, go live through a tornado. Talk about unpredictable and nowhere to hide. Totooooooooooo,

snoseek

Big storms rolling through the area tonight. Reported funnel cloud +- five miles from here. Thank god for table/lookout mountains.

snoseek

Tornado warning is dropped now. Wow! that was pretty fucking crazy! Not used to seeing that kind of weather at night or that close to home. My ears were popping the pressure dropped so fast. Light show was off the hook.

ComeBackMudPuddles

we had one the other night and my cat went BONKERS. meowing, running around, crawling close to the ground.....seemed like a strange way to convey "i'm afraid".....if she did this in the wild in reaction to a nearby predator, she'd have been one tasty meal.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
we had one the other night and my cat went BONKERS. meowing, running around, crawling close to the ground.....seemed like a strange way to convey "i'm afraid".....if she did this in the wild in reaction to a nearby predator, she'd have been one tasty meal.
I'll bet the whole forest was reacting that way. I suspect the sudden change in air pressure had a lot to do with it.

My parents dog used to get scared and hide under their bed. She was an big old fat beagle and got herself stuck under the bed!