• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Burgers on the smoker

Glenn

I remember reading the manual for my smoker and it stated that it could be used as a grill. I didn't think much of it at the time because we have a gass grill. Well, we don't have a grill yet up north...but we had some burgers and the smoker.

Sooooo. I removed the mid section, put the grate over the element, put on the top, plugged it in... and ShamWow...electric grill! It doesn't cook as fast as a regular propane grill, but it gets the job done. This will probably be our hold over until we get a gas grill. For now, works pretty darn good.

IMG_0664Medium.jpg

IMG_0667Medium.jpg

IMG_0668Medium.jpg

Grassi21

I love the convenience of the eclectic. But this is where my good old charcoal brinkman comes in handy. toss in a load of hot coals your golden. i've been thinking about smoking burgers. nothing long, but just a bit of smoke. hmmmm and mmmmmmm

Glenn

Those cans are a pain in the ass. So much for the fridge door can holder.

You know, I wonder if I could use charcoal in the bottom of that if I pulled the element.

No chips Root...but that is a good idea. It was smoking a bit from some of the leftover bits near the element. Those pouches of foil next to the grill are left over "mesquite bombs" from the last smoke.

Interesting and I'm also a fan of Kens salad dressings...I never thought of smoking a burger but I guess in theory you could smoke any kind of meat. On Guy Firettis show on the cooking network where he visits different Diners they showed steamed burgers and people were raving about them..

Anyway you have my number..give me a jingle if you make Corned Beef or Brisket..

Grassi21

Interesting and I'm also a fan of Kens salad dressings...I never thought of smoking a burger but I guess in theory you could smoke any kind of meat. On Guy Firettis show on the cooking network where he visits different Diners they showed steamed burgers and people were raving about them..

Anyway you have my number..give me a jingle if you make Corned Beef or Brisket..

why stop at meat? you can smoke veggies, cheese, blueberries...