• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

United airlines

BodeMiller1

I was thinking more along the lines of meth and crack. Although, lack of good dental care dosn't help. Doubt if drs without boarders would risk it.

Zand

Attracting young dentists to most any rural area in the country has been a challenge for probably 20-25 years (way to many new grads think there can't be a good, quality environment to live in if it's not a nice urban or suburban area) and that thought process, which IMHO has a decent component contributable to the demographic and geographic pool where most dental schools are acceptng students from, isn't likely changing anytime soon.

Heck, in the portion of NE CT where I live and practice (by no means an urban or suburban area) over the last 15 years, the only 3 new dentists to come into the area were children of existing dentists in the area joining up with their parent's practice. And even within my own practiice, my partner and I have had 5 or 6 of our patients, who went to dental school, and upon graduation went that urban/suburban route, even though they still have family ties to the area.

The notion in many younger folks seem to be that there can't be a good quality of life in small(er) towns across the country, and that's going to be a tough thing to change, even as more and more dentists in these smaller areas, near/reach retirement age over the next decade especially
Well, sounds like you can "retire" to Barre VT, ski Stowe or Sugarbush all day, and then open up shop like 5-8pm 😆

djd66

I was thinking more along the lines of meth and crack. Although, lack of good dental care dosn't help. Doubt if drs without boarders would risk it.
Based on some of your post, I can understand you thinking of meth and crack 😁😁