• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Updated winter outlook

skiberg

I agree. Even if it is a bad early season, it probably will still be better than last year. Last year was once in a generation bad. Kind of like the 100 year flood rule. However, sometimes you can get a few 100 year flood very close in time. Keep them fingers crossed. The good news is that almost everybody last year was saying cold for the winter and it was the opposite. If that form holds true we will be ok.

Vortex

I will still ski 60 to 80 days and have a blast. Some powder, some ice, some rock some dirt, some fall, some winter, some spring. No freaking R or wind holds please.

slatham

I am not an expert, but the experts on both Accuweather and WeatherBell are both calling for a colder and snowier winter than last year (not saying much), and maybe more so of both than average (this would be really good). One of them speculated that the NWS forecast was based off some model runs earlier this month that have since changed. So those models are looking better for cold/snow, but they could flip back again. Bu given both of these organizations are saying this is very positive. Lets pray we don't get another kiss-of-death Halloween dump. Actually, kind of hope its 80 over Halloween and we have the opposite of what we had last winter!!!

THINK SNOW!