• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail Resorts is buying Peak Resorts.

drjeff

Empty..that pass blackout really cut the crowds..picking up a bit now but ive been alone on goat and starr all day..
We'll send them North up 100 for you tomorrow Kingslug! [emoji6]

A big, and still building crowd at Mount Snow now.....

10 runs so far, very nice snow surfaces (short of 1 gun on Ridge that was just s

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

catskillman

Empty..that pass blackout really cut the crowds..picking up a bit now but ive been alone on goat and starr all day..

HUnter is a disaster. They sold 7,100 tickets today + the passholders = severe overcrowding and unsafe skiing

Just a week or so ago, all employees were required to watch the Vail safety videos !!! WTF

kendo

No poaching...middle goat, middle and lower starr, lookout, chin clip..all open
Spent the whole day in the bumps

Looks great and radar looks good for the overnight. First chair should be great.

kingslug

Thinking about going to the bush..blackout plus mlk plus snow storm equals insane crowds at stowe and only 2 real lifts to put them...at least at the bush you can spread out...stowe needs to replace the double...its time

HUnter is a disaster. They sold 7,100 tickets today + the passholders = severe overcrowding and unsafe skiing

Just a week or so ago, all employees were required to watch the Vail safety videos !!! WTF

No lines on Zephyer or North all day. Yes, very busy on the front. They made a ton of snow on most trails

kendo

Thinking about going to the bush..blackout plus mlk plus snow storm equals insane crowds at stowe and only 2 real lifts to put them...at least at the bush you can spread out...stowe needs to replace the double...its time

Agree on the double. Need more capacity to the top. Kind of like Hunter. 6 pack overloaded with the masses. Enjoy tomorrow at SB!

So Inclined

No lines on Zephyer or North all day. Yes, very busy on the front. They made a ton of snow on most trails

Hellgate was shockingly uncrowded when we took our first runs on it, around 11 AM. Weekday uncrowded.

njdiver85

Was a “great” start to a powder day at Mount Snow with Summit Express chair down for the first 30 minutes with lines full and no information from the lifties who chose to huddle in their shack. Vail can’t shake things up fast enough here. No accountability so employees could not care less. When lift did open, it was a free for all as line attendants were still not out of the shack. People were shouting at each other. Nice vibe! Outpost opened late so North Face also long waits even early.

FBGM

Was a “great” start to a powder day at Mount Snow with Summit Express chair down for the first 30 minutes with lines full and no information from the lifties who chose to huddle in their shack. Vail can’t shake things up fast enough here. No accountability so employees could not care less. When lift did open, it was a free for all as line attendants were still not out of the shack. People were shouting at each other. Nice vibe! Outpost opened late so North Face also long waits even early.

I fully believe this will be fixed next winter. The Current workforce there is very sub par. No one cares. Now with Vail takeover they all really don’t care. Vail just needs to limp through the rest of season. Close beginning April. Then do their final staff cuts and full reorganization of that mountains staffing. I’ve never seen a more cancerous staff environment then that place. Clean fucking house Vail. You can do so much better there.

gregnye

The Current workforce there is very sub par. I’ve never seen a more cancerous staff environment then that place. Clean fucking house Vail. You can do so much better there.

Too be fair Mt. Snow is one of the last resorts I'd want to work for. It would like be working for the a Registry of Motor Vehicles--The visitors are clueless, and the masses just keep coming, no matter how fast or slow you work.

kingslug

Didnt go to SB..which worked out great as Stowe was not the shitshow i imagined...even the ride up the double was ok..my best day this season..

thebigo

According to several staff I spoke with and the observations of many longtime customers, today was the busiest day ever at crotched. Was told they stopped selling tickets midafternoon. Chairs on rocket were going up 1/2 full in AM but they did a better job managing the line in the pm. Max line for rocket was around 15 minutes, singles around 5 minutes. There was a line for the double all afternoon, quad and triple were ski on. Surface held up well and excluding moonwalk the hill did not feel crowded. The lodge and parking lot were completely overwhelmed, staff simply could not keep anything clean, nowhere to sit, water not working, cars parking along the road, unable to get food out. Crotched runs with a skeleton crew of extremely dedicated long term employees, they did everything possible today but their task was impossible. Mid afternoon, patrol chipped in to help manage lifelines, a actually man lift shacks and pass out water bottles to exhausted employees.

Talked to a number of people, one family were Pat's skiers who said they waited over 1/2 hour to park at Pat's before giving up and driving to crotch, another were sunapee skiers that left early morning due to crowding and decided to try crotch, another were wachusett skiers trying crotch for the first time, their comment was they liked the crotch because of how uncrowded it was.

Today was the perfect storm but crowds have been up considerably all year at crotch. The mountain has the capacity but they need to do a better job managing the rocket lift line. Also are going to need to find a longterm plan for the lodge, desperately need more space both downstairs and upstairs for busy days. Moonwalk is also a safety hazard on days like today, I have heard many different ideas to fix it but seen none implemented.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

According to several staff I spoke with and the observations of many longtime customers, today was the busiest day ever at crotched. The lodge and parking lot were completely overwhelmed, staff simply could not keep anything clean, nowhere to sit, water not working, cars parking along the road, unable to get food out. Mid afternoon, patrol chipped in to help manage lifelines, a actually man lift shacks and pass out water bottles to exhausted employees.

I'm sure that it had absolutely nothing to do with it being EPIC now.

3mmqec.jpg