• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vermont Skier Visits Down Significantly Due to COVID-19

icecoast1

I'm just curious why and who changed from "Flatten the curve" and keep hospitals from overflowing to where we are at now?
People are much more willing to give up their freedoms if you implement things slowly over time rather than coming right out and going with the nuclear option right away

Famous last word.

Probably age as well as the "it doesn't affect the young and healthy" from last March? ;)
If you go by the numbers which I'm sure you won't, it doesn't affect the young and healthy. I can post 100 studies showing this, yes they catch it but 99.94% don't have any serious adverse affects.

People are much more willing to give up their freedoms if you implement things slowly over time rather than coming right out and going with the nuclear option right away
Yes. They also want to ignore states like Florida and Texas whom are doing just as good or better than states with all kinds of mandates. I shake my head at how obediently these people will follow our corrupt government.

It love how the anti-mask/anti-vax pawns wrap their knee-jerk selfish, ignorance and paranoia in the mantle free-thinking freedom fighters. Their handlers are as cunning as they are cynical.
Lol, people that don't wear masks are the paranoid ones, way too funny. You know who the paranoid ones are, the ones that have the vaccination and will still wear masks even after yesterdays admission it is very rare to catch or transmit the virus once vaccinated. Now that is being paranoid, lol.

2 types of paranoid people those who wear masks when not required after they are vaccinated and those who won't get vaccinated because they are afraid of what it may do to them.
To be honest, most of the people I know that aren't getting vaccinated aren't afraid of it. They just don't want to get the fucking vaccination, it's that simple.

Smellytele

To be honest, most of the people I know that aren't getting vaccinated aren't afraid of it. They just don't want to get the fucking vaccination, it's that simple.
For no reason except they are cool.
I actually don’t care if you get it or not.
The only issue is when it spreads to these cool unvaccinated and morphs then the morphed virus starts spreading because the vaccines don’t work on the morphed virus...

but stay cool

For no reason except they are cool.
I actually don’t care if you get it or not.
The only issue is when it spreads to these cool unvaccinated and morphs then the morphed virus starts spreading because the vaccines don’t work on the morphed virus...

but stay cool
I don't think that's it at all, but you are entitled to your opinion, just not pushing it on others. If you are vaccinated stop obsessing over those that aren't. My body my decision, right?

Edd

I don't think that's it at all, but you are entitled to your opinion, just not pushing it on others. If you are vaccinated stop obsessing over those that aren't. My body my decision, right?
If you’re referring to pregnancy, pregnant women don’t get others pregnant. COVID spreads, and the aforementioned variant concern is a thing. So, when populations of unvaccinated people hang together, variants thrive, theoretically.

So ideally, vaccinations stem the variant tide. It’s sort of a everyone-pitches-in kind of thing. So, it’s not just for you. It’s for others too.

BenedictGomez

Famous last word.

Probably age as well as the "it doesn't affect the young and healthy" from last March? ;)

It's a word based on a mathematically accepted definition.

And frankly, COVID19 really doesnt appreciably "affect the young and healthy" in any statistically serious manner. If you're "young and healthy" and you die from COVID19, you were horrendously unlucky. Happens will flu too (every year).

BenedictGomez

Lol, people that don't wear masks are the paranoid ones, way too funny. You know who the paranoid ones are, the ones that have the vaccination and will still wear masks even after yesterdays admission it is very rare to catch or transmit the virus once vaccinated. Now that is being paranoid, lol.

I just watched the flipping 2021 Preakness Stakes where ten fully vaccinated jockeys all wore masks, while outside, while on top of horses.

That is not science, that is politics.

abc

And frankly, COVID19 really doesnt appreciably "affect the young and healthy" in any statistically serious manner
Oh yeah? "Not appreciably" now? Instead of "not at all", "never", based on some nobody-have-access "data" from Italy? ;)

Last edited:

cdskier

If you’re referring to pregnancy, pregnant women don’t get others pregnant. COVID spreads, and the aforementioned variant concern is a thing. So, when populations of unvaccinated people hang together, variants thrive, theoretically.

So ideally, vaccinations stem the variant tide. It’s sort of a everyone-pitches-in kind of thing. So, it’s not just for you. It’s for others too.
Don't bother using logic with him. He's already point blank stated he only cares about "me, me me" and not others. The irony is that a a lot of the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd will call themselves "patriots". Yet no true "patriot" only cares about themself.

Andrew B.

Anyone still trying to convince “the other side” (which ever side that is) that their position on Covid is/has been wrong has issues imo.

its over Johnny
Positions have been solidified and restrictive measures are ending wether we like it or not. Anything further discussions are simply an attempt to pat oneself on the back.

time to go back to the “my mountain is better than your mountain” discussions, those are much more productive. 😄

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Oh yeah? "Not appreciably" now? Instead of "not at all", "never", based on some nobody-have-access "data" from Italy? ;)

Nobody on earth used "not at all" as a thing. In terms of the rest of the sentence, I'd need an English translation.