• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vote for Utah ski bus

KustyTheKlown

Personally, I really do not get the complaint about skiing being too (or more) expensive now. Its cheaper now than it has ever been - isn't that what everyone is complaining about - passes being too cheap?

redneck plow drivers are mad that flatlanders are stealing their powder. as if that hasn't been happening for decades.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sounds like the Stowe of the West…I’ve given up, it sucks too bad to deal with.

I’m back to the smaller places now, I feel sorry for the Crew out in Aspen, JH, the Bird, PC, W/B ect it’s just a PITA now. The Resorts have changed bigtime (nothing you don’t know) but it’s just not Fun
anymore ! I’m been midweek at a smaller place now, for years. I can’t stand what corporate power has done to this sport (activity). Back East it’s a ridiculous Rich Man’s BJ. Ski-Bum ? Ya right ! If you bust your balls 2 shifts you might get a few runs in a week. It’s disgusting !

Price the small income fools out, there are plenty of upper to pay for the “thrill”. What thrill anymore…
Mega Resorts Suck !

“Fast lifts” started the problem way back when, IMHO

Powder ? It’s skies out in 2 hours, thank god I enjoy crud bust’n chop almost as much.

Peace out…snow is coming, ENJOY, Bros & Sistas !
Yeah, you're right. We should go back to 1936 and a Rope Tow in Woodstock, Vermont. ;):LOL::ROFLMAO:

KustyTheKlown

but wont someone think of his crew in jackson who can no longer make ends meet dishwashing in the graveyard shift

thetrailboss

Staff member
Ya, Ok Krusty
I’ll try to not put you to sleep next time.
Your everything that makes my life wonderful and why I don’t live in your shithole. Keep your attitude & SUV as far away from my Plow Truck as possible.
Oh, that’s right…you don’t want me parking in your precious parking spot !!!! After plowing since 3:00 am so you can get “1st chair” to do the “Front 4 “ AH
Spend A Buck, City Slicker…see ya never on the hill or Notch either side. I feel sorry for you, cause you’ll never, ever, Really know these Hills
(Kusty may correct me, but I am pretty sure that he does not frequent Stowe and the "Front 4".)

KustyTheKlown

(Kusty may correct me, but I am pretty sure that he does not frequent Stowe and the "Front 4".)

you couldnt pay me enough to ski stowe these days. and if i did ski stowe i'd be in the notch and beyond bypass, not the front4. if i had to pick a home mountain it would be sugarbush. but i am nomadic. i also drive all night most fridays and stay in the most suspect of motels and spend $0 at the ski area. i am not the type flatlander this asshole thinks i am, but fuck him anyway

Vter

Do you volunteer for this plowing or do you get paid for it? If your not getting paid for it then yes you are doing something great and I thank you. If your getting paid then you are just doing your job.
To answer your question…I am not paid to pull you out, I’m just a guy doing his plow route = driveways now.
I put my own 4,6 and 10 wheelers out back in the day…oh ya, shit been over 25 years plowing, maybe I do know snow 💚

Vter

you couldnt pay me enough to ski stowe these days. and if i did ski stowe i'd be in the notch and beyond bypass, not the front4. if i had to pick a home mountain it would be sugarbush. but i am nomadic. i also drive all night most fridays and stay in the most suspect of motels and spend $0 at the ski area. i am not the type flatlander this asshole thinks i am, but fuck him anyway
Very nice…are you married or did she(s) ditch you again ?

Whatever, while your cheep-scatting though life on our dime, remember to TIp the Fool who serves you.

I read your shitty posts for a long time, you don’t take advice & your a nasty know it all….enjoy your self-serving life, sociopath ?

You got your fan base here, why I don’t know. Enjoy life Brother, Heavens Gate is waiting to evaluate yoor skiing abilities, soul and your General “Good Person” persona. See ya around…I’m well know too. KRUSTY THE KLOWN

Why ?

KustyTheKlown

🥱

thanks for finally joining the conversation you fucking redneck. you're surely making great contributions to the discourse.

cheap-scatting is what people pay to do to your wife.

cheap-skating is staying in the rodeway inn in rutland.

KustyTheKlown

I am pretty sure there's no way in hell he drives an SUV.

This thread got freaking weird though. lol

why would i not drive an SUV? i need awd and room in the back for skis. i have a Nissan rogue sport. its a crossover SUV. a pretty standard unfussy reliable vehicle that isn't too big or too small.

BenedictGomez

why would i not drive an SUV? i need awd and room in the back for skis. i have a Nissan rogue sport. its a crossover SUV. a pretty standard unfussy reliable vehicle that isn't too big or too small.

I assumed you'd think they are evil, gas-guzzling, earth wreckers. But I dont really consider a Rogue Sport an SUV. After SUVs got popular everything started being called an SUV, even tiny station wagons with AWD. For instance, my wife drives a Subaru Crosstrek = same thing, I dont really consider that an "SUV" either even though that's what Subaru classifies it as, but it's a subjective term.

jimmywilson69

SUV=Sport Utility Vehicle

Not sure why you wouldn't consider a Crosstrek or a Rouge an SUV. You can use them for many different uses and of course they are a vehicle.

KustyTheKlown

I assumed you'd think they are evil, gas-guzzling, earth wreckers. But I dont really consider a Rogue Sport an SUV. After SUVs got popular everything started being called an SUV, even tiny station wagons with AWD. For instance, my wife drives a Subaru Crosstrek = same thing, I dont really consider that an "SUV" either even though that's what Subaru classifies it as, but it's a subjective term.

:rolleyes: + 🥱

big ol eye roll plus yawn on that one.

i wouldnt want a ford expedition of some shit because they are hard to park on city streets and are a horrible value for gas and i am a household of 2. i understand why a family of 6 would have a big ass truck, i guess. i get 27mpg in my rogue, its good enough and it suits my needs for ski transport. nissan calls it a subcompact SUV, other companies call them crossover SUVs. i learned how to drive in my mom's old expedition, thing was a beast.

Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Bombshell news out of the UTA today....
www.sltrib.com

In a major move, UTA to sharply cut back bus service in three counties, and it’s going to affect skiers

A severe shortage of bus drivers is forcing the Utah Transit Authority to cut service along 20 routes across three counties.
www.sltrib.com
www.sltrib.com
This winter, skiers won’t have access to bus route 953, the line that runs from Midvale Fort Union Station to Snowbird and Alta. Service between Salt Lake City and Park City also will be scaled back.

AD
Nathan Rafferty, president of Ski Utah, said in a written statement that his organization and its partner resorts were disappointed to hear of the reduced service so close to wintertime.

“However,” he said, “Utah’s ski resorts are working diligently with UTA to come up with potential solutions prior to opening day.”
Details on the UTA website -

I can't believe they're pulling this sh!t 7 weeks before opening day. I'm sure there's a ton of vacationers and resort employees that were relying on the 953 and the lesser 901 routes. Busses running at 30 minute intervals when they were at 15 minute before and still jam-packed. Unfreakingbelievable. Shot in the arm to tourism here. Meanwhile I've been on the TRAX system 12-15 times this year and I've never been on a train car even 1/3rd full unless it's a special event.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but this is very fishy given the gondola vs bussing debate happening right now in LCC. These routes are busy with high ridership AND they get funding from the resorts. Totally out of the blue and very little time to re-plan vacations or housing situations.

jimk

Bombshell news out of the UTA today....
www.sltrib.com

In a major move, UTA to sharply cut back bus service in three counties, and it’s going to affect skiers

A severe shortage of bus drivers is forcing the Utah Transit Authority to cut service along 20 routes across three counties.
www.sltrib.com
www.sltrib.com

Details on the UTA website -

I can't believe they're pulling this sh!t 7 weeks before opening day. I'm sure there's a ton of vacationers and resort employees that were relying on the 953 and the lesser 901 routes. Busses running at 30 minute intervals when they were at 15 minute before and still jam-packed. Unfreakingbelievable. Shot in the arm to tourism here. Meanwhile I've been on the TRAX system 12-15 times this year and I've never been on a train car even 1/3rd full unless it's a special event.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but this is very fishy given the gondola vs bussing debate happening right now in LCC. These routes are busy with high ridership AND they get funding from the resorts. Totally out of the blue and very little time to re-plan vacations or housing situations.
Yeah, more like a shot in the head for bus riding tourists and even more so for locals.o_O

This is news to me. Sorry to hear about the demise of the 953 line. That was a convenient alternative for me to travel up/down LCC, even if I drove myself instead of riding the bus 95% of the time. Hopefully, they find some drivers to reinstate 953 during the prime 2 or 3 months of ski season? Absent the 953 line, if I wanted to catch a 994 bus I'd want to park over at that lot they shut down at the base of LCC. I wonder if they will reopen that for people that want to catch a 994 bus up from there?