• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Wednesdays?

Bostonian

So as I sit here in this horribly unseasonably warm weather I was thinking... Who here would be up for a Wachusett Wednesday Night weekly get together? Since this is my home hill, and I plan on hitting it nights again this winter, it would be great to ski with others and of course grab beers too. Anyone interested?

Bostonian

I wish I could do Thursday nights personally, although I stuck that day picking up and dropping off my son in Natick at my parent's, whereas the other days I drop him off in the morning at daycare and my wife picks him up in the afternoon. The big thing, is I got the okay from her to ski while she watches over the baby :cool:

I am excited though this year, I just wish it was snowing damn it :)

HD333

I should be up at WA WA hopefully one night a week. Most likely Weds or Thursdays to get a few hours of riding in then I will be the bald guy sitting are the Coppertop bar alone. I'd love to hook up for some turns.
Any idea when they may attempt to open? Any guesses?

speden

I would guess they will try to open a couple of trails on 12/3 if temps dip below 30 on Thursday and Friday nights. But that looks pretty iffy. The chances look better for late next week, say 12/9 or 12/10. I know they are chomping at the bit to get open, but the temps have been brutal.

Bostonian

I would guess they will try to open a couple of trails on 12/3 if temps dip below 30 on Thursday and Friday nights. But that looks pretty iffy. The chances look better for late next week, say 12/9 or 12/10. I know they are chomping at the bit to get open, but the temps have been brutal.

The immediate outlook has night time temps in the 20's through saturday, and then it spikes again sunday night in the mid 40's... So while it's possible they could get something open. But as Speden said, it's more likely next weekend they will open. I am planning my first week night outting in January... Have to wait for some personal days to recharge so I can sneak out of work in the afternoon to make it out there!

speden

snocountry.com is showing 12/10 for the Wachusett opening date now. They blew some snow on Ralph's last night, but hard to say if they were trying very hard. It didn't produce any whales that I can see and just left some slushy looking stuff. Not sure why they bothered.

Looks like chairs are on the the new lift already, so that puppy should be ready to load test soon. It sure went in quick. I guess it will be ready to go before they are even ready to make snow on that side.

KevinF

I work in Marlboro so after work is perfect for me, about 25 min drive and I'm there.

I live in Marlboro and I can assure you that if you make in 25 minutes, there will be some state cops that would like to speak with you. :wink:

That said, I could probably swing the occasional Wednesday evening. Be nice to meet some AZers.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I live in Marlboro and I can assure you that if you make in 25 minutes, there will be some state cops that would like to speak with you. :wink:

That said, I could probably swing the occasional Wednesday evening. Be nice to meet some AZers.

OK so maybe 30 or 35 hehe

wa-loaf

I should be up at WA WA hopefully one night a week. Most likely Weds or Thursdays to get a few hours of riding in then I will be the bald guy sitting are the Coppertop bar alone. I'd love to hook up for some turns.
Any idea when they may attempt to open? Any guesses?

On Thursday's keep and eye out for the 6'9" guy in a race suit and you'll find us. We're also in the Black Diamond afterwards ..

Sky

On Thursday's keep and eye out for the 6'9" guy in a race suit and you'll find us. We're also in the Black Diamond afterwards ..

Hey, that's MY line! :>

Wa Loaf's "anticipated" opening date came from an excellent source, about a week ago. Wa has a NASTAR Warm-Up event on the 14th....and according to Intellicast's predictions for "Princeton"...it looks like they might make it.

But 9/10 is a tad shakey looking at this point. :<

The Sneak

temps look good for snowmaking later this week. let's hope the forecast holds so we can enjoy the Conifer WROD this weekend...