• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

    You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Website Acronyms

teachski

New member
Joined
Nov 3, 2003
Messages
1,041
Points
0
Location
Barre, MA
Website
teachski.com
ALBAS - A Look Back At Skiing (also known as teachski.com)

Teachski.com comes from 2 things really. I am a teacher (by profession) and I ski. For a while now I have also been a ski teacher (instructor), but that came after the name.
 

bvibert

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
30,394
Points
38
Location
Torrington, CT
awf170 said:
T4T- time for tuckermans
TGR- some website that hates us

I think the fine folks over at TGR (Teton Gravity Research) hate everyone. I wasn't aware that they have a specific issue with this forum though.. I tried to go there but the firewall at work seems to be blocking it... :roll:
 

hammer

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
5,488
Points
38
Location
flatlands of Mass.
bvibert said:
I think the fine folks over at TGR (Teton Gravity Research) hate everyone. I wasn't aware that they have a specific issue with this forum though.. I tried to go there but the firewall at work seems to be blocking it... :roll:
I checked TGR, and while it does appear to be a skiing, etc. site, it's definitely not a site that I want to be checking out using the family computer, if you know what I mean...

In any case, to each their own...check the site out and make your own choices...
 

bvibert

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
30,394
Points
38
Location
Torrington, CT
hammer said:
I checked TGR, and while it does appear to be a skiing, etc. site, it's definitely not a site that I want to be checking out using the family computer, if you know what I mean...

In any case, to each their own...check the site out and make your own choices...

There is actually some good stuff over there, you just need to wade through a ton of crap.
 

hammer

Active member
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
5,488
Points
38
Location
flatlands of Mass.
bvibert said:
There is actually some good stuff over there, you just need to wade through a ton of crap.
That's why I appreciate the moderators here...some folks may think it's a bit confining, but if it keeps the "crap" level to a minimum then it's a good thing overall.
 

bvibert

Moderator
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2004
Messages
30,394
Points
38
Location
Torrington, CT
hammer said:
That's why I appreciate the moderators here...some folks may think it's a bit confining, but if it keeps the "crap" level to a minimum then it's a good thing overall.

Thanks, after the last couple of days around here its really nice to hear someone say that.
 

Jaytrek57

New member
Joined
Aug 27, 2003
Messages
207
Points
0
Location
Blue Hills, MA
MTTBJAB: My turn to buy Jay a beer
NNIMTTBJABYBHOLT: No, No, It's my turn to buy Jay a beer, you bought him one last time.
DIFMTP: Damn, I forgot my tentpoles
 

MtnMagic

New member
Joined
Oct 7, 2002
Messages
892
Points
0
Location
Lancaster, NH
I'm not sure on the buy Jay a beer, etc. But I *know* what the "I forgot my tentpoles is!"

Hey Jay, we just have to play a few games of chess soon. And to those in the know, play cribbage too.

How's that!
 

eatskisleep

New member
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
1,092
Points
0
SF www.skifreakz.com
SM www.slopemonkey.com

Not sure if you want them but...
Biking Sites
BS www.bustedspoke.com
RM www.ridemonkey.com
PB www.pinkbike.com

Dirtbiking Sites:
PT www.pingertalk.com
DT www.dirttrails.com
TT www.thumpertalk.com
 

Marc

New member
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Messages
7,526
Points
0
Location
Dudley, MA
Website
www.marcpmc.com
eatskisleep said:
SF www.skifreakz.com
SM www.slopemonkey.com

Not sure if you want them but...
Biking Sites
BS www.bustedspoke.com
RM www.ridemonkey.com
PB www.pinkbike.com

Dirtbiking Sites:
PT www.pingertalk.com
DT www.dirttrails.com
TT www.thumpertalk.com

Couple more biking related sites:

BR: Bike Rag www.bikerag.com
MTBR: Mountain Bike Review www.mtbr.com
 

ctenidae

New member
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
8,931
Points
0
Location
SW Connecticut
I don't think there are actually that many acronyms here. Occasionally you'll se AZ, and TGR and T4T come up rarely, FOT48 for about 2 weeks each year, but that's about it.

We're just not hip to the whole abbreviating thing, I guess.

YMMV
 

billski

New member
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
16,200
Points
0
Location
Lexington, Mass.
Website
ski.iabsi.com
Iirc?
Rotfl?


(thank you az for not letting me caps the acronyms.

p.s., I'm very anal-obsessive about not letting my web site developers and marketeers use jargon and acronyms. Everyone knows me as, "Plain English Please!"
 
Top