• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread...10/8 - 10/11

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Am I the only one who has to work on Monday?
Holidays? We don't get no stinkin' holidays. I'm working Monday. We have to use our vacation time when they want to close. They make up for it by freezing our pay for 5 years and topping that with a salary reduction!

anyways, I'll make the most if it: Saturday at Magic - what could be better!

o3jeff

Friday leave work early, drive to killington, drink beers
Saturday play golf at Green Mtn national, drink beers, grill, drink, bed
Sunday hoping to hike killington and check out walkway. then head home and recoup.
Monday, yardwork, clean cellar, paint side of house.

Bring your skis, I read on the internet they are going to be making snow soon and will be opening before Sunday River.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
NOPE!

My weekend:
Thursday - Took a "mental health day" because I needed one. Took the kids to Yankee Candle and Richardson's Candy shop in Deerfield, MA. Drove though some nice foliage on the back roads getting home while the little one napped.

Friday - Since Thursday started with a slew of calls at 8am asking if I could work Monday, I'm taking my day off early and taking the family to Old Sturbridge Village (benefits of homeschooling - field trips occur whenever we damn well feel like it).

Saturday - Not sure, might do some hiking (suggested by my son...).

Sunday - Not sure, might do some hiking. Bicentennial parade in town might get our attention for a bit.

Monday - Working. Apparently we're paving some part of Rt. 12 somewhere in Conn. Long commute to run a quick test on hot-mix... but it is what it is.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Friday - Off site Training in Horsham, PA. That's practically like a day off.
Saturday - Nothing
Sunday - Summit Street Fair
Monday - Working

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
No. But I am switching my holiday to the first weekday that Sunday River opens. :beer:

Sat - Picking up mounted skis and then hiking somewhere
Sun - Topsfield Fair
Mon - Working

Working when everyone else has the day off is the best. Add in moving a worthless holiday to something practical like mid-week skiing on the first day of the lift serviced season, and I got good reason to work on Monday with no complaints.

Terry

Working today
Packing tomorrow
Driving north on Sunday
Moose hunting all week.
Serious beer drinking all week after the moose hunting is finished for the day or we bag a moose!

bvibert

Staff member
Sat - Picking up mounted skis and then hiking somewhere

Do you think you're going to find much snow? Seems like a waste to carry skis this time of year... ;)

Working when everyone else has the day off is the best. Add in moving a worthless holiday to something practical like mid-week skiing on the first day of the lift serviced season, and I got good reason to work on Monday with no complaints.

I didn't even realize it was a holiday that some people got off until this thread. Glad I'm not the only one working. I don't get a relocated holiday for it though... :???: Stupid thread, now it's gonna be even harder to get work done on Monday knowing that half my AZ friends are off doing something cool, like cleaning their basement... :spin:

BackLoafRiver

Friday - Afternoon MTB at Bradbury then date night with the GF. Dinner, drinks, and maybe a movie.

Saturday - Sugarloaf Homecoming

Sunday - Kingdom Trails!!!

Monday - The girlfriend is setting up a "surprise" hike for somewhere nearby.

WWF-VT

Saturday: Taking my son to the Fun in the Sun Rail Jam at Wachusett, I'll hike the mountain while he hangs around with the snowboarding crew
Saturday PM : Drive to Fayston, VT
Sunday: Sugarbush day - get passes, take a ride on the lift, hike

Vortex

Work today, football game tonight. Late night run to the River for Fall festival. Sign daughter up for the Seasonal program. BBQ and check out some live music on the hill on Sat. Probably go out to dinner at night.

Leave Sunday casue I too work Monday. 1/2 day

hammer

I didn't even realize it was a holiday that some people got off until this thread. Glad I'm not the only one working. I don't get a relocated holiday for it though... :???: Stupid thread, now it's gonna be even harder to get work done on Monday knowing that half my AZ friends are off doing something cool, like cleaning their basement... :spin:

We get Columbus Day off this year but we lost Patriot's Day...which I would rather have because most years we take vacation that week. We also exchanged a floater day to get MLK day off, which is a bit of a waste because most ski areas are packed that weekend and we only go 1/2 of the time.

Plan for this weekend is yard work on Saturday and a hike up Pack Monadnock on Sunday. Monday will be another around the house day...may get the skis out for their tune.