• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend thread...What's err-body up to????

Hey All,

It's almost the weekend..the last weekend before Labor Day weekend...does anybody have any fun weekend plans? After work today I want to clean my place and maybe do some laundry..I also want to exercise. My sister is in town so there might be some sort of family dinner..It's tough to pass up a free dinner. Tomorrow I'm most likely getting together with a girl for maybe some drinks or something. Sunday I'm playing golf at 7:30AM with my Dad and his BFF. I'm also starting to get psyched for Labor Day weekend..since that's the unofficial end of summer..and boy it's been a long summer..or as Bananarama would say..a Cruel Summer..

drjeff

Tonight - Patriots/Eagles preseason game at Gillette Stadium with Tailgating

Tommorrow - Yard work in the AM/Early afternoon and then take the kids to the local fair in the evening

Sunday - head to one of my friends annual shrimp boil party - many beers will be had at this one :beer:

ccskier

Grilling tonight with a bunch of games of corntoss, then daycare orientation for the kid, boat, beach and relaxation the rest of the weekend.

dmc

Chill out with a fire tonight..
Folks tomorrow...
Fly to Germany Sunday...

Dr Skimeister

Grill some fish tonight

Mets/Astros at Shea tomorrow night, pregame burgers and Guiness at Donovan's Pub in Woodside, Queens

Yardwork Sunday

ctenidae

Tiling the bathroom this weekend. Fun stuff.
I did discover that you can, in fact, do plunge cuts with a wet saw. It's not easy, but it works.

gmcunni

Friday - hitting the OBX beach one last time
Saturday - Driving NC to CT
Sunday - relax, hopefully a little MTB in the afternoon.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

o3jeff

Tonight: Grocery shopping
Saturday: Looks like a beach day
Sunday: Morning mtb ride, afternoon chores around the house

Greg

Staff member
Tonight - hanging with the neighbors on the deck - beer and pizza
Tomorrow - work around the house in morning, beach with the family in the afternoon
Sunday - MTB ride in the morning, hang with the family in the afternoon

Greg

Staff member
yup, maiden voyage. i thinking i'll take an easy ride through the local trails http://www.crankfire.com/trails/trail.php?trailid=9

i used to occationally ride there years ago on my old schwinn. there is some fun single track that i don't have to worry about too much.

I grew up right near there in Trumbull (Broadway) until I was 15. I spent a lot of time fishing, hiking and riding dirt bikes (gasp) in the "Valley". I wouldn't mind going back to mountain bike there someday.

gmcunni

I grew up right near there in Trumbull (Broadway) until I was 15. I spent a lot of time fishing, hiking and riding dirt bikes (gasp) in the "Valley". I wouldn't mind going back to mountain bike there someday.

Pick a date, i don't know the place well enough to lead a ride but will fake it if necessary.

Warp Daddy

Today --Golf with the Queen followed by dinner party w/friends
Saturday-- finish painting my entryway
Sunday - start organizing our STUFF so we can pack it for our month of travel starting Labor Day . Damn I ALWAYS take WAY TOO DAMN MAY clothes oon this trip so gotta pair it down some . BUT then again ya NEVER know what weather changes may come in late Setember :D

Greg

Staff member
Pick a date, i don't know the place well enough to lead a ride but will fake it if necessary.

No worries. It's not that big and tough to get lost. Plenty of GPS data out there too. Plus by the time I get down there, you'll probably have a few rides under your belt.

ERJ-145CA

Today - Going to the beach and arcade, maybe some mini golf too.
Saturday - Sadly, driving home from LBI, I wish I had the condo another week.
Sunday - Doing after vacation chores at home.

On the bright side I don't go back to work for another 2 weeks.