• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whaleback back on track

canobie#1

Just passed whaleback at 3:20pm on a Friday afternoon. The place was packed! Awesome to see the lift line over 5 minutes. Awesome work whaleback!

Savemeasammy

I passed it a few hours later, and I didn't notice a line. I wonder if a group (school kids) had just arrived?

On their Facebook page they were talking about getting a few more trails online soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canobie#1

The place was packed! It was also great seeing the face open. The mountain looks more alive than ever!

Savemeasammy

It was packed this afternoon. With snowmobiles! They had some sort of snowmobile hill climb going on while they were open for skiing. Ugh. Thumbs down in my book.

xwhaler

Which trails were the sleds going up?

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Savemeasammy

The old poma line. Mostly a non-issue as far as skiing is concerned, but the parking lot was jammed.

xwhaler

Good business for the pub hopefully! Did u ski? How were conditions?

Savemeasammy

No. I worked this afternoon and passed it on the way home. I agree - it should be good business for the pub.

I haven't skied the whale yet this year. I'm waiting for some natural - that's when the Whale really shines! We should try for another meetup there this season when conditions are good.

xwhaler

Sounds good! I'm looking at possibly Sunday Feb 16th as next visit

frapcap

I'm going to try and head up there for a quick spin on Thursday while on my way into Burlington for work. Depending on how soon I get out of the meeting and how much time is left before driving to the Summit, Friday may be in the cards, too.

Smellytele

I'm going to try and head up there for a quick spin on Thursday while on my way into Burlington for work. Depending on how soon I get out of the meeting and how much time is left before driving to the Summit, Friday may be in the cards, too.

Check their open times. They are not open mornings during the week or at least in the past they weren't

frapcap

Fantastic to know- thanks for the tip! I'll give them a shout on the facebook page.

Roco_Andy

I know it's tough given the size of the mountain and the inability to develop the real estate, but I'd like to see the Whale survive. Evan has done a great job with the freestyle program and hosting events over the years.

soxfan2

Snow coming Wednesday! It's $20 midweek here- take a snow day on Wednesday- we are supposed to get 6-12 inches! The pub is open, face is open and it's the best it's ever been. We expect more trails to open Wednesday. The food is AWESOME! Patty, the owner of the Baited hook here in town, is running the kitchen and the food is really good. I'm doing another special for AZ forum members- I will post soon.....

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Snow coming Wednesday! It's $20 midweek here- take a snow day on Wednesday- we are supposed to get 6-12 inches! The pub is open, face is open and it's the best it's ever been. We expect more trails to open Wednesday. The food is AWESOME! Patty, the owner of the Baited hook here in town, is running the kitchen and the food is really good. I'm doing another special for AZ forum members- I will post soon.....
You won't groom too much, will you?

soxfan2

Good business for the pub hopefully! Did u ski? How were conditions?

I skied from first chair to last chair Saturday. It was amazing. EVERY trail was perfect.

hammer

Any recent reports? Looking to go this weekend and I'm hoping tomorrow's storm will open up the whole area. :-D