• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What were your top 3 days this season?

drjeff

March 2nd, The Canyons - 10" or so of fresh blower quality powder, bluebird sky, temps in the mid 20's and lots of untracked runs from 1st to last chair :)

April 19th, Mount Snow - 70 Degrees, bluebird sky, most of the main face and north face open(including trees) - probably my best spring skiing day in all of my 28 seasons

March 5th, Deer Valley - 6" or so of blower, bluebird sky, temps in the 20's and hardly anyone else skiing the trees

A really close 4th place honorable mention - December 21st, Mount Snow - the morning after my office Christmas Party - wasn't too sure if I'd make the drive upto Mount Snow that Friday AM, but in the big scheme of things boy was I glad I'd promised my daughter that she could goto Snowcamp that day. 4 to 6" of fresh on top of great soft bumps on Jaws, Ripcord also opened that day and was covered with GREAT soft manmade. Considering that until late aftrenoon it was still technically Fall boy was it a great day

The way the season was I could have realistically added 6 to 10 more really, really good days at Mount Snow that in most years would have made my top 3. I guess with a season like this past one, having so many really good days to choose from is areally good problem to have

abc

Too many to find the "top 3"!

Let's see...

Fresh snow: twice at Aspen, one day at Canyons, several at LGC IV, two days at Val Thorens (though visibility was bad so only the day following was good skiing)

Got more comfortable skiing steeps and bumps. That came one day at Aspen. That counts as one of the "best".

Having fresh powder to myself in a mid-week day at Bellerye counts as another.

And another quiet day at Plattekill round it up as the dubious "top 3".

I guess I expect powder when I go west so they don't actually make it to the "top". The powder days at the east, with the rare un-crowded slopes, when it happens, it sticks in my mind more...

bobbutts

Ascutney, 02/29
Great mix of soft packed pow and untracked snow, perfect clear day.
pow.jpg

Okemo, 03/27
Perfect early spring snow day with good friends
nix.jpg

Ragged, 12/22
Nice soft snow in the woods with a friend from the midwest (for his only day of the year).
ragged1.jpg

frozencorn

1. Stowe, 4/19 Sunshine, soft bumps, snow everywhere. Alternating scents of BBQ and sunblock.

2. Wildcat, 3/2 Blue bird day just hours after another foot hit the area. Summit was closed due to wind, but there was so much snow in the trees it didn't matter.

3. Sugarbush, 4/18 Read No. 1

2knees

1) Sundown Bump contest 3/16 I've always wanted to do a mogul comp so this had extra meaning for me. Snow was soft, thankfully, bumps were surprisingly big up top and great great vibe.

2) Magic 2/28 See Gregs vid in first post. Fantastic Day

3) Hard to say, either Mt Snow on 4/17 with 70 degrees, sweet bumps and huge powbmps air or 12/5 at Mt. Snow with about a foot of fresh and an empty ski area. Ended up skiing with Bvibert that day and we were both totally stoked about the rather surprising amount of fresh.