• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are the AZ'ers on MLB Postseason?

kickstand

Kind of reminds me of my 69' Orioles JimG. Followed them from since 65', but did I ever take a lot of crap...living in upstate NY....in 69'.

'69-'71 Orioles = '88-'90 A's

Both teams were stacked for 3 solid years, but only 1 championship to show for it. I'd say those Oriole teams were more talented than the A's teams, though, especially the pitching staffs. How that '71 didn't win it all is beyond me...

Trekchick

Tigers are hitting well in game 4 that is for sure.

The chatter about ARod hitting well during batting practice has me wondering if he should have been put in the game.
But then....he's a bit angry, right?

Warp Daddy

I pop in from time to time and always love the banter on this site. I absolutely adore some of the members here, (Warpdaddy, this means you!)

But this year when I pop in to check on the baseball threads, there seems to be something missing......where are the baseball threads?

TIGRESS!!!!!!!!!!! one o my all time favs ever !!!! where u been girl???? U and Phillie must be in hog heaven tonite as this thing winds down into a SWEEP !!! Tigers have been beating the OLD guys with an ugly stick. It s painful

There are mixed emotions here , The Queen is a Yankee lover we got grand kids in NY and Boston so by default I'm a detached Bosox fan to keep the Boaton side of the family happy and of COURSE my BIL is like you , he Bleeds Tiger Blood , Lion Blood and Whatever the hell else comes from Detroit ; ). reat to hear from ya.

All the best to you and Phil .
reason I was late on the uptake on this thread ,played golf today then we went out to dinner !

Trekchick

A-Rod is pinch hitting! Holy cow!

Warp Daddy.....You Da Bomb!!

Phil and I spent a bit of time on the patio listening to the game. It is Thirst Day after all..... ;)
He's a bit bummed that the Phillies weren't in it this year but the Tigers have been really strong, as you noted.

How was your golf game today?

Warp Daddy

Shot a 40 /42/82 in freaking monsoon winds but 70 degree temps so no complaints. Been playing the best golf of my life this season finally breaking 80 twice so far this season . I had been chasing that goal for a while so am pleased
Say hi to Phil , miss. U guys on here , drop by and rattle our chain from time to time . So u gonna b rockin some fancy near gear this yr ?????

Trekchick

Phil has been popping in and both of us have been hanging here the past couple days.
Posted in the 2013 quiver thread, and the DIN thread....

I've been skiing 2013 gear since mid February, but just got new boots. Tecnica Inferno 110's

Are you up for new gear?

Warp Daddy

Need some new boots , may be interested in some rocketed skis ,but still love my old Atomic SX 10's .

I bought 2 pairs and alternate them . Most of what I'm on is hard pack with that rare eastern pow day , So my Atomic "Ginsu Knives" are still serving me well

[/QUOTE]

skiNEwhere

Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry NY but I enjoy nothing more that watching the yankees lose

Trekchick

Need some new boots , may be interested in some rocketed skis ,but still love my old Atomic SX 10's .

I bought 2 pairs and alternate them . Most of what I'm on is hard pack with that rare eastern pow day , So my Atomic "Ginsu Knives" are still serving me well
[/QUOTE]
We could tempt you into trying something fun, eh?

Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry NY but I enjoy nothing more that watching the yankees lose
Go ahead, watch it again!
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=25426019&c_id=det

Geoff

As a Red Sox fan, I was "anybody but the Yankees" for the AL playoffs. I don't follow the NL at all. I have enough friends who transplanted to San Francisco that I was mildly pulling for the Giants. I doubt I'll watch any of the World Series.

I had my usual Monday night 2 hour work call to Taiwan during baseball and the debate. I read the game summary on ESPN and watched some clips of the debate.

Warp Daddy

Giants and Tigers , should be an interesting series . I'm outgunned , the Queen and her bro are ganging up on this ole Giants fan and IN THIS CASE. Trekkie ain't coming to my rescue either :dontknow:

kickstand

Giants and Tigers , should be an interesting series .

I just hope we end up with at least 1 Verlander/Cain matchup.

Have to say, the Giants team is very likeable. I had only heard of 4 every-day players for them before the series started, but I'm a fan of the scrappy way they play. Only one or two "name" position players (Posey, Sandoval maybe) and a big group of younger guys. I like the mix.