• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are the AZ'ers on MLB Postseason?

Trekchick

Giants and Tigers , should be an interesting series . I'm outgunned , the Queen and her bro are ganging up on this ole Giants fan and IN THIS CASE. Trekkie ain't coming to my rescue either :dontknow:
I love ya Warp but you know, I'm the Tahoe Tigress!
Today's game left me in need of a manicure, but I have faith that we'll hear the Roar.

AMAZING, LOVE SUPER SLO-MO
The slo-mo is really interesting and almost freaky!
Did you watch any of the Pitching Slo-Mo? Holy crap! It looks like they're dislocating their elbow(s)

Warp Daddy

I hear ya Tigress , yeah we got lucky in the first game who'd of figured the BIG Panda would hit 3 taters in one game ! Dude only hit a dozen all yr , then hits 6 so far in the playoffs unreal. And the dude has to hit taters cuz da boy has NO waistline and can't run :wink:

Yeah that slo mo on pitching is a testament to the resiliency of the human body . Damn never knew the arm distorted so much

JimG.

Staff member
WS has turned into a tournament where the hottest team at the time wins.

Giants have had to come back from series deficits in both series and I believe they have faced elimination games 6 times already in the two series. They have been playing for their lives almost every game.

With this in mind, the Tigers are at a big disadvantage since they had to sit for a week before playing a series game after they swept the Yankees. I thought it showed last night.

It's hard to say that it's unfair to the Tigers, but somehow I feel it is. Rest is good in football, not so much in baseball, especially when you are playing well.

But what what else can you do?

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah, Jim, I was wondering how the week long rest would play a role.
I'm going skiing today to see if I can cheer up a bit.

Verlander getting shelled like that is a big worry for you Tigers fans too...I think alot of people felt he would start 3 games and win all 3...the talking heads are making hay with that today, turns out Verlander's record in WS games is not great.

Tigers NEED to win next game.

snowmonster

WS has turned into a tournament where the hottest team at the time wins.

Giants have had to come back from series deficits in both series and I believe they have faced elimination games 6 times already in the two series. They have been playing for their lives almost every game.

With this in mind, the Tigers are at a big disadvantage since they had to sit for a week before playing a series game after they swept the Yankees. I thought it showed last night.

It's hard to say that it's unfair to the Tigers, but somehow I feel it is. Rest is good in football, not so much in baseball, especially when you are playing well.

But what what else can you do?

Shades of 2007. A rested Rockies team came up against a team that just came up from a 3-1 deficit against the Indians. We do know how that turned out.;-)

darent

grew up near cincinnati, was hoping they would make it to the WS, now I am rooting for the giants, go national league, the real baseball!!

bigbog

.....ARod is a corner infielder who isn't hitting. He has a serviceable replacement (Chavez), whereas Cano and Granderson don't. It's sink or swim with them. You have options with ARod.

In all honesty, being an old-school baseball guy...when it comes to playing for all the marbles you toss your stats into the trashcan. You let one of your big dogs swing the bat. Having said that...in all seriousness...I, as a hitting coach, would've been working with him...going back over a couple months ago. Ya' have to let your big dogs get up at the plate....especially with most of the team looking as pathetic at the plate as they were....

I'm going skiing today......

Pics!....only pics show the truth...LOL.

Nothing will ever top Game 7, 68' World Series...Tigers over Gibson.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Tigers really looked like a team that's been sitting around for a week last night. I thought they would get it out of their system after the bad game 1 loss. Last night they barely showed up. The Giants are hot and getting all the breaks too.

I again question the logic of letting one team sit for a week while the other team keeps playing. It happened with the Cardinals last season too. They just got hot at the best time. They were not the best team in baseball. I guess baseball likes this because it allows for any team to win and keeps interest going, but on the other hand sweeps are boring to watch.

Still hoping the Tigers at least avoid that.

Warp Daddy

the Giants did exactly that in the 1954 series when they swept theIndians who had set a major league record 111 wins at the time . he Indians had 4 20 game winners and yet were swept by the red hot NY Giants at the time . Cut to this series the Giants have been a scrappy , pesky ,come from behind group all season long and came out of a dog fight last week so obviously have a keen competitive edge right now And lots of Big Momentum . WherasThe Tigs made swift work of the Yanks , had no close games with them at all then had to WAIT and that often kills BIG MO and makes it hard to get cranking .

They are too good of a team to get swept and I imagine will come to life in game 3 , but it will be pushing the rock up the hill and no easy task . That said they will be in the series I believe and make it interesting

Trekchick

In all honesty, being an old-school baseball guy...when it comes to playing for all the marbles you toss your stats into the trashcan. You let one of your big dogs swing the bat. Having said that...in all seriousness...I, as a hitting coach, would've been working with him...going back over a couple months ago. Ya' have to let your big dogs get up at the plate....especially with most of the team looking as pathetic at the plate as they were....

Pics!....only pics show the truth...LOL.

Nothing will ever top Game 7, 68' World Series...Tigers over Gibson.

Will dig up something about the ski day to post in the skiing section.

In the mean time, I'm hopeful that the Tigers will get this run and keep the series going.

Its like the Tigers were coming out of a week long hibernation and didn't know how to gain momentum.
Meanwhile the Giants were rolling along with the momentum from the Cardinals series.

Fingers crossed.

skiNEwhere

I again question the logic of letting one team sit for a week while the other team keeps playing. It happened with the Cardinals last season too. They just got hot at the best time. They were not the best team in baseball. I guess baseball likes this because it allows for any team to win and keeps interest going, but on the other hand sweeps are boring to watch.

Happened the Rockies in 2007 when they were swept by the Red Sox, they had been sitting idle for 8 days between the NLCS and World Series