• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are you going for the storm?

Cornhead

Plattekill Sunday, $22.99 tickets online, $35 at the window, hope they get plenty, of course after skiing four feet at Snow Ridge yesterday, a foot'll seem like a dusting!:D Now, should I hit Greek Peak this afternoon, or nurse my aching body? decisions, decisions. Snowing pretty good in Binghamton this morning. Probably hit it for a couple hours, gotta check out the new bar, too bad I no longer imbibe.

Tin

Crotched opened more trails this week and should get 10"+ so I'm heading up there. Love that $260 season pass.

ScottySkis

Plattekill Sunday, $22.99 tickets online, $35 at the window, hope they get plenty, of course after skiing four feet at Snow Ridge yesterday, a foot'll seem like a dusting!:D Now, should I hit Greek Peak this afternoon, or nurse my aching body? decisions, decisions. Snowing pretty good in Binghamton this morning. Probably hit it for a couple hours, gotta check out the new bar, too bad I no longer imbibe.

I'm at Bell today was going to Hunter but car decided for me to go to Kingston exit good day so far sorry Jim AND DMC another time. Tomorrow if Platty gets enough snow to open more then 4 trails that are open I will go their and ski with some A zoners if not probably go to Catamont. Cornhead PM sent no good mobile services at Bell thanks for free WFII:)

jack97

Crotched opened more trails this week and should get 10"+ so I'm heading up there. Love that $260 season pass.

That's where I heading on Monday.....going bring my rock ski in case the bumps are decent under the lift.

skiking4

Greek Peak was great today. It's got either a kind of crusty base under the powder or no base at all so really tonight's storm should make tomorrow incredible. Groomed conditions are skiing excellent today as well. Tonight's storm could (if they wanted to) make them close to 100% open, way up from their currently 3 ways down the mountain. They got a base now.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Good luck! Ragged was the plan, but then I had some car issued etc... Long story short, couldn't get a ride.

I'd give you a ride except you'd need a ride to get to where I could pick you up, which is (not to rub it in ... maybe a little) I'm only a 15 minute drive from Ragged.

Think I'll wait till Tues. for it to warm up a little.

High of 25ºF Sunday. That's not too cold. Is it?

I'd give you a ride except you'd need a ride to get to where I could pick you up, which is (not to rub it in ... maybe a little) I'm only a 15 minute drive from Ragged.

Yeah, I'm in Maine right now so it wouldn't really work. Thanks for the offer!

I'll just sit this one out and hopefully I get rewarded in the long run!

steamboat1

High of 25ºF Sunday. That's not too cold. Is it?

No it's not except I usually don't ski weekends. Mon. is forecast to be single digits again. Tues & the rest of the week are forecasted to be warmer with a chance of snow. I can wait. Besides the forecast for my area isn't that warm Sun.

• Sunday Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 14. Wind chill values as low as -26. Very windy, with an east wind 45 to 55 mph becoming southwest 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Sunday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0. Wind chill values as low as -25. Windy, with a west wind 22 to 27 mph increasing to 29 to 34 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
  • Monday Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 2. Windy, with a west wind 24 to 32 mph.
  • Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
  • Tuesday A 50 percent chance of snow showers after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. South wind around 18 mph.
  • Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 12. South wind 10 to 16 mph becoming west after midnight.
  • Wednesday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 19. Northwest wind 13 to 18 mph.
  • Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 22 mph.
  • Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 20. West wind 8 to 14 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.

Last edited:

canobie#1

I am gonna hit ragged. They plan to get the ravine open tomorrow if the weather is nice. Plus I wanna test out their new, anticipated glade, the Abyss.

Bostonian

I may hit the crotch tomorrow... Was orginally going to go up to the house in gilford, although the wife is nervous about losing power up there. I plan to be at the mighty G MOnday though