• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

    You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to Ski 3/19

Madroch

New member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
1,490
Points
0
Location
ct
Looking for a day trip from C ct tomorrow (no can do wed due to work). Am looking to maximize pow potential (minimizing taint- or would be looking at the berks) will minimizing wind hold potential. Magic would have been perfect but they aren't opening until wed. Thoughts on an east wind-- will that affect North face lifts at mount snow/ Stratton? Killington? Thinking even maybe pico- that quad and the outpost are lower-- not sure about exposure. Would love to hit SB or MRG-- but too much for a day trip with travel issues?
 

snoseek

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
5,316
Points
48
Location
NH
Got my hall pass stamped, heading to Saddleback tonight and skiing Tues/Wednesday. I feel like they will do well up there.
 

bobbutts

New member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,560
Points
0
Location
New Hampshire
StormTotalSnowFcst.png


I don't have any idea how they'll do in the winds, but this map would suggest Wildcat
 

steamboat1

New member
Joined
Aug 15, 2011
Messages
6,613
Points
0
Location
Brooklyn,NY/Pittsford,VT.
Bobbutts they are forecasting a little more than that for the Greens. The Stowe forecast is from 14"-24" at the airport where the forecast is taken through Wed. Probably even more on the mountain. That doesn't even take into account Wed. night when there is still an 80% chance of snow & still a chance right through Sat.
Damn this broken ankle & ACL otherwise I'd be there all week.
 

bobbutts

New member
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1,560
Points
0
Location
New Hampshire
Bobbutts they are forecasting a little more than that for the Greens. The Stowe forecast is from 14"-24" at the airport where the forecast is taken through Wed. Probably even more on the mountain. That doesn't even take into account Wed. night when there is still an 80% chance of snow & still a chance right through Sat.
Damn this broken ankle & ACL otherwise I'd be there all week.

Nothing wrong with these maps either :snow:

btv.png


aly.png


Here's one that just gives probability of 18"+.. Far NE NH and W. Maine look to be the best chance.
prb_48hsnow_ge18_2013031812f048.gif
 

ScottySkis

Active member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
12,014
Points
38
Location
Middletown NY
Looking for a day trip from C ct tomorrow (no can do wed due to work). Am looking to maximize pow potential (minimizing taint- or would be looking at the berks) will minimizing wind hold potential. Magic would have been perfect but they aren't opening until wed. Thoughts on an east wind-- will that affect North face lifts at mount snow/ Stratton? Killington? Thinking even maybe pico- that quad and the outpost are lower-- not sure about exposure. Would love to hit SB or MRG-- but too much for a day trip with travel issues?

Magic if their open.
 

Madroch

New member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
1,490
Points
0
Location
ct
Magic has not changed thier plans to open wed (so no using a voucher i have for there), wildcat would be great, but too far for a day hump in the snow (so no using my two vouchers for there). Pico being closed bummed me out, was not aware. Sooooo... Mt snow, kton or stratton.... or get up at 3:00 and gut it out to MRG or the bush...wind wind wind, that is the issue
 

Cornhead

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
2,784
Points
48

trump-youre-fired.jpg

Scotty, are you serious? I'd love to do it, but I can't. Things are setting up nicely for the Mad River Valley, up to two feet over next couple days, more in the mountains? I sure hope so, wish I could be there earlier, but I ain't complaining. :snow:
 
Last edited:

ScottySkis

Active member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
12,014
Points
38
Location
Middletown NY
View attachment 8344

Scotty, are you serious? I'd love to do it, but I can't. Things are setting up nicely for the Mad River Valley, up to two feet over next couple days, more in the mountains? I sure hope so, wish I could be there earlier, but I ain't complaining. :snow:

I know I can't go, they are open and I am in the bus headed to NYC work. Hope to hear trip reports. They expected more snow then the few inches they got. Friday should be fun times for who ever goes.:thumbdown:
 
Last edited:
Top