• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where will your first turns of the 2020/2021 ski season be?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
As resorts across the northeast are blowing snow and getting ready to open, where will you be taking your first turns of the year?

jaytrem

Got 2 days in the dome already. Great place for the kids to learn to snowboard.

asnowmobiler

Sadly it will be Big Boulder here in Pa. Not that it makes a difference to me because I have an Epic pass , but I was told someone that works at Jack Frost that day passes will only be good at the resort you buy it at. Jack Frost does not have night skiing, so they used to allow you to drive over to Boulder and night ski on the same pass. I was also told that Boulder will be less of a Boarder park and more geared toward skiing.

MG Skier

Well, isn't that the $20,000,000 question. I have a pass to a Vermont Mountain I can't use unless I quarantine/test. Work will not let me do that as it stands....but things may change? I might be exploring everything Massachusetts has to offer this year....if there was a year where every Northeast needs significant natural snowfall, let this be the one! I see at as a win for the skier and for the smaller mountains especially, a way to open up enough terrain without breaking the bank!

abc

If I ski, it'll be in the Cats. My first day is typically a day trip. So the Cats it usually was.

If I buy a pass, which it will be Epic Northeast. That first day will be at Hunter.

If not, it could be either Bell or Platty.

But I may not ski downhill this season. In that case, my first day will be at the 'gunks' on my cross country skis. MInnewaska or Mohonk.

Cornhead

Greek Peak, tentative opening date 12/12. They bought a bunch of fixed tower guns, opened with 3 trails last year, so much more enjoyable than a single WROD at opening.

Jully

Looks like possibly a resort on my pass I wouldn't expect to be first from rumors. Or where I'd expect first turns but possibly self propelled. We'll see.
Were you talking about Loon? Just saw they're not opening until after the thanksgiving holiday weekend, which is pretty nuts.

Smellytele

Were you talking about Loon? Just saw they're not opening until after the thanksgiving holiday weekend, which is pretty nuts.
yup...

However, the weather forecast ahead has pushed us to opening past the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Our snowmaking and mountain operations teams will continue to maximize every cold moment along the way, as we aim to open with more terrain than years prior to promote social distancing. Keep an eye on your inbox over the Thanksgiving weekend for an update on our projected opening day.

JimG.

Staff member
Whiteface and Gore blowing snow now I'm going to guess it will be Gore next week sometime.

ERJ-145CA

I skied the Big Snow dome in October and I'll probably go there again on Tuesday. My first outdoor skiing will most likely be at Mountain Creek.

mlkrgr

I will be at Wachusett tomorrow! Kind of expected traveling long distances will probably not be in the cards so will be there more often this year.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I got all of you beat... God-willing, Jackson Hole Thanksgiving weekend, then a week in Utah, and maybe a couple days in Colorado. Jackson Hole just passed the 100" mark today, Alta snowfall as of November 19th is best since 2013-2014 (although not much on the horizon). It will be my first time out West. This is all in preparation of me moving out there next year.

I'd like to thank Uncle Sam's $1200 and my employer (restaurant biz) who's more than happy to see-me-off at the moment.

machski

I was, heard a rumour they were going to open today but obviously it wasn't solid. Up at Sunday River now for some shop work stuff, already above freezing here.