• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where will your first turns of the 2020/2021 ski season be?

KustyTheKlown

i am off from december 9 to january 4 and have an apartment near sugarbush from 12/10-20. i may ski someplace further south in Vermont on the 9th on the way up, but it will be sugarbush for me for mid December to start the season. maybe an indy pass day at Bolton or Jay if the getting is any good.

i usually go out west in late December over xmas. felt better about local-ish travel in my car this year. hoping it snows at some point.

thought about driving out west for the entire 3.5 week period, but throwing my girlfriend a xmas bone (zing)

Vortex

I think the new NH mandates had something to do with Loon not opening.

I will most likely be at the River unless Bretton woods opens first. Took my skis out of the locker today and ready to make turns out of Baker when I can.

I think Sunday river will open by Tuesday, most likely before. Is Saw Sysco truck pulling out of Baker Lot. Food supplies must have come. Passes will start to be printed again tomorrow and a new big one, is if you have you pass you still need to get it activated before you use it. that starts tomorrow too.

Equinox

Add me to the list for Wachusett. I'm so happy I got my season pass in July. I have a bronze pass, so I'll be there under the lights. Looks like I can't go till Sunday. (Adulting sucks- I have work on Saturday.) Hope to see some of you out there!

drjeff

Just got the email from Vail Resorts that Hunter is going for the Wednesday the 25th opening just like their 3 VT properties are

BenedictGomez

I'll be optimistic and say January in Vermont.

I'll probably be vaccinated, and I'll probably have to break some moronic anti-science Vermont regulation.

Zermatt

I'll be optimistic and say January in Vermont.

I'll probably be vaccinated, and I'll probably have to break some moronic anti-science Vermont regulation.
Really? Are you a critical healthcare worker or in a nursing home?

Other sad news. It take about 45 days to get full protection from the leading vaccines. One month between doses then an extra 2 weeks.

Smellytele

Add me to the list for Wachusett. I'm so happy I got my season pass in July. I have a bronze pass, so I'll be there under the lights. Looks like I can't go till Sunday. (Adulting sucks- I have work on Saturday.) Hope to see some of you out there!
Is CT on MA's 14 day quarantine list? Actually every state is except VT and HI.

machski

Sunday River tomorrow after all.

Betting Loon didn't get enough down on the lower mountain to open vs NH mask mandates. This is based on what I can see of Cannon towards the top of Peabody, not even low there. And that is almost the top of Loon.

Pez

At this point probably Butternut whenever they open. I'm looking out the window right now though and it's pouring.... so it might be awhile.

Normally it would have been mount snow, but I'm going to wait and see how things pan out

fbrissette

As one of the few east-Canadian skier on this site, for the first time in 11 years, I won't open my season in Vermont. I am planning on hitting the ski slope this Saturday at Tremblant. I expect boring hard pack groomers, but that's what season passes are good for - going skiing in conditions for which you would never buy a ticket for.

KustyTheKlown

sucks that you can't bop down to jay and smuggs this year

i wanted to go back to revelstoke and banff this year, which ain't happnin

fbrissette

We have three days booked on the epic pass (Sunshine, Lake Louise and Revy) on our way to a backcountry lodge ski week. I'll do a few turns for you in Alberta and BC, if across provinces travel is still allowed. Go ski some Jay Peak glades. With no Canadians, this could be a special winter at Jay with much much less skier par acres.

KustyTheKlown

We have three days booked on the epic pass (Sunshine, Lake Louise and Revy) on our way to a backcountry lodge ski week. I'll do a few turns for you in Alberta and BC, if across provinces travel is still allowed. Go ski some Jay Peak glades. With no Canadians, this could be a special winter at Jay with much much less skier par acres.

yea, we will see how things go where the skiing is all on my passes, but i have a feeling i may be spending a la carte dollars at places like jay and saddleback to get away from the masses