• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whiteface/Gore 3/1-3/4

Buckeye Skier 1330

Skied 3/1-3/4
Gore 3/1 and 3/4
Whiteface 3/2 and 3/3
Conditions : spring, everything from hero snow to mash potatos to icy hard pack
Gore on 3/1 started out with sweet soft groomed trails. The sun was out so it didn't take long to get mushy. It was probably over 50 degrees. It got better late afternoon when shade started hitting the trails. The thing that bugged me that day is there were 2 lifts not running, making several trails unavailable.
Whiteface 3/2 3/3 Raining at times on 3/2 . Thank God for the Gondi. That made the rain bearable.What a mountain Whiteface is. This was our first trip to these places and I fell in love with Whiteface. The snow stayed in decent shape all day. On 3/3 it had gotten cold overnight so some of the trails up high were hardpack, but a half inch of snow fell and it gave just enough coverage to keep it skiable. The summit was socked in both days so I never got to see the view from the top of the summit chair.
Gore on 3/4 had great conditionns. It was warm but stayed cloudy and the snow stayed pretty firm in most spots all day. They opened 1 chair that had been closed the first day so we got to run most of the trails. My wife fell in love with Gore.
I'm already plotting next years Northeast trip! :D