• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat 3/31

NHpowderhound

Date skied 3/31

Resort skied Wildcat

Conditions Spring conditions

Trip Report
I pulled my son, NHpowderpup out of school today for a late season ski treat. And what a treat it was!
I would guess there were less than 100 customers total for the day. That includes family members that just sat on the deck while thier significant other skied and sipped rum and cokes and read a book in the sun.
It was an absolute bluebird day with temps starting in the 50's and maxing in the low 70's with no wind! I skied in a T-shirt all day.
We arrived at the mountain around 9:20 and got our first chair around 9:35 after booting up at the car. Conditions were alredy soft on the groomers and looked to be very edgeable on the non groomed as well.
Trails left ungroomed were Lift Lion/Black Cat, Top Cat/Starr Line( both of which blow out at the bottom third of the mountain and are nothing but grass and ledge), and Tomcat Schuss. They all looked to have good cover up high with natural spring obstructions poking through which could be easily avoided. All had nice big but irregular shaped bumps on the headwalls with good trouhgs and smaller irregular bumps on the "flatter" sectoins.
I only skied Tomcat Schuss as I had my son with me. He had been bugging me all day to ski some mouguls so at the end of the day I agreed and brought him into Tomcat Schuss via the cut-off that eliminates the headwall. I tell ya what, this is my kids 5'th time out and he owned that trail! Ungroomed irregular mashed potato mouguls on a Wildcat Black Diamond! We were both beaming with happiness!
Conditions were excellent on every trail open! Normal spring obstacles are poking through but are easily avoided.
For groomers we started with Polecat T2B for our first run and to get my kid used to the soft snow. I think we hit just about every groomer including Wildcat T2B, Lynx T2B and Catapult T2B.
We skied till 3:15 and called it a day. We were beat after being rocketed up the mountain by the "fastest quad in the east!" That thing could give a guy the "sorest quads in the east"
The views of Mount Washington would stop me dead in my tracks today. However it looks like the Sherburne it toasted from the first crossover up high on down and will be totally gone by the end of this weekend.
Sorry no pics. I have lost my digicam since my trip to Jay last week.
Today was a great day to be alive and skiing! I have a sunburn 8)
((*
*))NHPH

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I have lost my digicam since my trip to Jay last week.
bummer!!! i was wondering why you never posted your pics. i hope you are able to find it, a digi cam is a terrible thing to loose!

sounds like you and powderpup had a grrrrrrrrrreat day! tshirt on the top of wildcat, nice. you don't get many of those days, especially with your little one. cheers!

:beer:

NHpowderhound

River wrote
bummer!!! i was wondering why you never posted your pics.
I wouldnt have posted the pic of you and Sledhaulingmedic without getting the ok from the both of you first anyway. I bet it looked awsome with the Face in the background!
((*
*))NHPH

awf170

So how much longer do you think Wildcat will last?

And yeah the bottom 1/4 of the sherbie is gone and the rest will be gone really soon too.:-(