• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat has started!

Tin

According to their site they have started blowing on the upper mountain. They list snow making on all sections of Lynx and Lynx Lair.

prsboogie

url] [IMG] ma nature strutting her stuff at Wildcat

deadheadskier

Staff member
After last year, what a turn around it would be to get open for next weekend and offer likely the best early season trail in the east. If they're open, I may make it up there on Sunday.

VTKilarney

If Wildcat can keep their act together, I am really impressed with what I am seeing. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Wildcat. I love how it has largely remained a legacy of early New England skiing. I've always preferred that type of skiing over the super-highways at Mt. Snow or Stratton. Of course I also remember freezing my ass off at Wildcat on more than one occasion.

yeggous

I was just up there. They are still hammering away on Upper Lynx. Base temp is 28 degrees, wind not too bad my wildcat standards. About 2" of natural at the base. There were some people with VT plates earning their turns.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

ThinkSnow

I drove by on Friday around 5pm, and there was a tiny (tiny) patch of snow on an upper trail. I certainly hope there was more on Saturday....

octopus

I think me and the boy would head up next weekend if they can pull it off. Never been to wildcat, been wanting to go for a while.

yeggous

Am in the parking lot right now en route to Sunday River. Wildcat is blowing on upper and middle Lynx with just a couple guns at the bottom. Temps are marginal at best at the base.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app