• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat or Attitash

HD333

Heading up to the Conway area Sat with a buddy. It has been awhile since I was up there. We grabbed a ski and stay that gives us tickets to Wildcat/Attitash. Trying to figure out where to go. We have skied/ridden both back in the day.
Has either of them had major improvements that would make you lean towards one or the other?
We are both capable skiers/riders so we are looking for varied terrain, woods if they are in play. Trying to avoid crowds.
So which would you choose on a Saturday?

I assume Red Parka Pub is still decent for Après, if not any other suggestions? Moat is a definite for dinner.

AdironRider

Your ticket should be good at both (unless some stipulations are associated with your ski and stay package) so if one sucks, head to the other.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would normally say Wildcat, but it depends on the weather the next few days. Attitash will likely have the better ability to recover faster from the warm up.

jamcruiseVT

I have only been to Wildcat once, back in 2004 or so when there was a big snowstorm in October. I remember it being awesome, and have wanted to go back ever since. I vote Wildcat.

skifree

Red parka is still good. If your only choice is wildcat or attitash I would pick the cat all day.

frozencorn

Both are great, but start at the Cat and go from there. Burger at the Parka is sublime. Wing's at Delaney's are the best in New England.

Cheese

Wildcat unless weather or grooming are a requirement in which case I'd go to Attitash. Unfortunately the sacrifice you'll make is in uphill capacity. Although there's a high speed chair at Bear Peak they are still missing a high speed lift to the summit of Attitash.

kickstand

Wildcat, unless the weather this week really messes them up...

The Parka doesn't open until 3, so if you call it a day early, you need to find somewhere else. And there is no shortage of good apres ski places in the valley. If you're ski-in ski-out at Attitash, think about Matty B's, which is across 302 from the triple.

Cheese

The Parka doesn't open until 3, so if you call it a day early, you need to find somewhere else.

Ptarmigans upstairs in the Attitash lodge. The bartender and one of the waitresses also work at the Parka so start tipping there and you should have no problem getting in and getting served at the Parka later.

skifree

delaneys makes a very good Bloody Mary. ask for the pickled green beans.

gotta be careful finding your way out of the inside of mae kellys. just saying

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ptarmigans upstairs in the Attitash lodge. The bartender and one of the waitresses also work at the Parka so start tipping there and you should have no problem getting in and getting served at the Parka later.

I was somewhat disappointed with Ptarmigans. They've got a huge amount of space to work with. Why such a tiny bar tucked in the hallway? They've got enough space there to put in a huge hollow square bar kind of like the Windowmaker at Sugarlaof. It would be a great improvement if they did so.