• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Worth playing hookie on Monday or not?

JimG.

Staff member
Yes! I'm heading to Windham tomorrow. Latest report I read says 6-8" in the Catskills. Skied Gore last weekend, Ice, dirt, slush. Still fun mind you, but 6-8 fresh sounds awesome!

I skied Belleayre yesterday. It was packed. Both lodges were zoos. I booted up at my car at the bottom of Tomahawk and I never boot up at my car!

Anyway, first 3 hours of skiing were really good to my great surprise. Both Yahoo and Onteora had nice bump lines but make no mistake plenty of scrape too. Then at 1:30 or so the hordes just descended on the mountain and it was a scraped off ice fest by day end.

You won't have crowds to deal with but make no mistake the 6" total the Cats will get out of this will do very little to cover up all the scrape. Bring freshly tuned skis with sharp edges.

skiur

Got about 5" at the house in Killington, hookie already in effect, expecting 6+ more tonight.

bdfreetuna

And for every winner, there's a loser. The biggest upset of the evening (not football related) goes to Mad River Glen. 3-4" when K, Pico and Jay get 16".

cdskier

And for every winner, there's a loser. The biggest upset of the evening (not football related) goes to Mad River Glen. 3-4" when K, Pico and Jay get 16".

The entire Mad River Valley has been in a snow-hole all season...some storms deliver more snow to points north...others to points south. This needs to change.