• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Worth trading in or just silly?

HD333

Bump for a "just my luck" kinda story.

Apparently, my clutch is also going. This mazda will not be covering. Looking at a hefty cost here. Gonna do it at a local repair shop. Just my luck.

Guess that makes the decision not to trade it easier. Kind of tough to trade or sell once you drop some coin on it, I was considering dumping my car a few months back then bam a hole in the gas tank to the tune of $1500 to repair put that off.

That sucks. Hopefull the lolcal guys does you right.

BackLoafRiver

Yeah, I had decided not to trade a while back and grabbed some snows for it back in November. Still looking for a good box for the top.

Once I get the car back from the Power steering issue, I will make an appointment with the local dude to see what the clutch is gonna cost. Seems that 60K miles is a little early to replace but, who knows.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Yeah, I had decided not to trade a while back and grabbed some snows for it back in November. Still looking for a good box for the top.

Once I get the car back from the Power steering issue, I will make an appointment with the local dude to see what the clutch is gonna cost. Seems that 60K miles is a little early to replace but, who knows.

I have a 2005 Mazda3 (the first model year of the redesign). I'm up over 93k, and gaining steam as I recently moved and my commute is now 80+ miles roundtrip (plus ski trips and holidays in NH).

I just had to replace the shocks in my last service. The sketchy part was that early last year, I was told that my clutch was starting to go and would probably need work the next time in, but I've been in at least 2 more times since then and it hasn't been mentioned again. Makes you think.

PS - It was always marginal in the snow, but last year I bought a pair of Dunlop 3D snow tires, and now it's a tank.

BackLoafRiver

I have a 2005 Mazda3 (the first model year of the redesign). I'm up over 93k, and gaining steam as I recently moved and my commute is now 80+ miles roundtrip (plus ski trips and holidays in NH).

I just had to replace the shocks in my last service. The sketchy part was that early last year, I was told that my clutch was starting to go and would probably need work the next time in, but I've been in at least 2 more times since then and it hasn't been mentioned again. Makes you think.

PS - It was always marginal in the snow, but last year I bought a pair of Dunlop 3D snow tires, and now it's a tank.

Yeah, I am going to have the local guy assess the clutch situation. I wondered if the dealer was just trying to get me to spend some $$.

I bought some Micheline X-Ice 2's and the car has been beastly this winter. (when we have had snow)