• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST (Weekend Speculation Thread): Lion or Lamb? March 2-3

tnt1234

This sunday.monday storm doesn't seem to be in teh forecasts for N.Vt.

tnt1234

Plattekill saying they got 20" of Lake Effect this week! WOW.

slatham

This sunday.monday storm doesn't seem to be in teh forecasts for N.Vt.

Focus of heaviest snow is Cats, MA, SoVT and into S+Central NH and Maine according to latest (12Z) Euro. GFS/NAM is further south, but I am going with the Euro for a variety of reasons. The Further north/west one goes the less snow. That said, its still possible that places like Sugarbush to maybe Stowe could get 6"+. But amounts are very sensitive to track, and given 48 hours and model disagreement track can still deviate.

Stay tuned.....

crazy

Snowfall totals are decreasing, the Euro is looking more like the GFS/NAM where the crux of the storm is offshore. Highest snow totals are for MA and Wildcat/Sunday River.

Jay Peak is getting 1-3" Sunday night, Wachusett is getting 7-11".

Ol Dirty Noodle

Well I woke up at 9:30 to 4” here on Long Island and reading about Even more at Bell.... like the fella once said ain’t that a kick in the dick

Kleetus

Flight delayed 3 hours while they deiced..snowing here pretty good...see..works every time
Enjoy your trip man. This latest storm is busting hard snow total wise based on what was previously forecast. Don't think your missing much. Even a day with marginal conditions out west normally blows away most east coast ski days.

Heading to Aspen in a couple weeks. Sure it'll dump here though just to spite me. Even if it does so be it. I learned to accept long ago to ignore whatever the weather does back here when your out west and just enjoy it. Because even when it's dumping here, it still prob is not as good as it is on your trip.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

kingslug

Oh..not missing anything..im a utah slug for 23 years..just hoping you all get some..hopefully like last march..i came home and it snowed 5 feet

tnt1234

Had a nice half day on the new skis at Blue Mountain. they had 3-5" Friday night, so everything but the bump troughs were soft.