• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WST: 3/30-31 The end is near? Or is it just the beginning?

kingslug

Next weekend last one for Stowe for me..then have to decide if i want to go to K..need to buy spring pass...want some damn spring skiing...Friday was good thankfully or ide be really bummed...this drive home is a bit sporty..

Last edited:

cdskier

It was sunny at 8AM at Sugarbush this morning but by 8:45 was raining. I was soaked by about 10. I was a bit surprised how firm some trails were to start.

kingslug

Yup..snow squall for upstate today. Winter..continues.
Nice blue bird day at Stowe..fucking conspiracy..Crappy weekend..bluebird monday

Last edited:

Teleskier

Yup..snow squall for upstate today. Winter..continues.
Nice blue bird day at Stowe..fucking conspiracy..Crappy weekend..bluebird monday

I did feel for you when I saw the fog pics this weekend.

If it helps, I didn't get to go up, but instead got roped into spending the weekend digging muck out of our french drain system ahead of the spring runoff (already in full force), and got slightly sunburned to boot.

You probably had more fun :)

kingslug

Friday was very good..felt bad for my poor wife who endured Saturday fog..which scares the hell out of her and Sundays rain..wonder if I can count 2 runs as a ski day..prolly not :(

tumbler

Not bummed that we took the weekend off. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day in the flatlands and instead of driving in the rain on Sunday, had a mellow day on the couch.

abc

Pulled my bike out from behind all the ski gears and went for a ride on 65 degree sunshine! :)

I’m sure skiing would had been fun today too. But the bike ride doesn’t involve a 3 hrs drive each way.

legalskier

I shocked when I checked the Bellayre webcams and saw it snowing this morning

I noticed that too- enough snow to turn the woods from brown leaves to white snow. More coming in Friday- right now prediction is up to 3" but who knows. Gonna keep an eye on it.

Ol Dirty Noodle

I noticed that too- enough snow to turn the woods from brown leaves to white snow. More coming in Friday- right now prediction is up to 3" but who knows. Gonna keep my eye on it.

Hmmm bail on work Friday for the snow? Or go Saturday when it’s 50 and the pond skim is on? Decisions decisions