• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your season wrap-up report, goals, new areas, ect.

millerm277

The season:

- Finally made it to 30 days this season.
- Improved bump technique infinitely.
- Got the amazing opportunity of going to Whistler Blackcomb a week after the Paralympics closed....and getting 3+ feet of snow while I was there.
- Timed my killington trips well enough to get powder on one of the two trips.
- Skied at Blue, Hunter, and Sno as well.

Goals for 2010-2011:

- I need to make it to Magic.
- Keep up the number of days while I'm at college.
- Find a way to get back to Whistler or Tahoe again.
- Get into the glades more.

mondeo

Well the season is def not over, but a lot of areas are closed and a lot of people are on to biking and golf, thought it would be a good time to talk about your season thus far, I expect a few days at killington in April and maybe just maybe one in may.
i had 60 + times 25 of those of telemarks (so far)
I started opening weekend at killington
I taught 30 lessons at ski sundown, mostly intermediate /low expert skiers, one bump lesson, one telemark
Only went night skiing 6 times this year a record low.
Skied three new areas; mcintire in mancherster NH, otis ridge, MA and mount Sunapee. Plus a return visit to loon ( last visit was march 2003)
Meet a ton of new AZers plus the standard bump crew.
– plenty more skiing to come !
101 days. Thank God that's over with, it's just work even with Sundown only being 40 minutes. Figure next year will be about 60, 40 Killington/20 Sundown, but possibly more time actually on the snow.

Started hitting boxes.

Almost made 2nd day at Bear. Almost.

Great wrap-up at Whistler. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to pull enough scratch together to get back next year.

Skimaine

My big goal was to get back on skies. After missing most of 2009 and rehabbing a torn Achilles all summer I just wanted to be able to ski again. It turned out to be a very good year.

Skied 30+ days (good for a working stiff).
Skied the front face at Sugarloaf again (and had fun doing it).
Ventured into the moguls and un-groomed terrain.
Skied Monte Saint Anne

Goals for next year:

Backside snowfields at SL
More days at Saddleback
Hit Whiteface with TJF
More work on moguls