• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Carrying Skis

bdfreetuna

LOL @ Ski carrying accessories!

Sling that shit over your shoulder... strap the boots over your shoulder, and put a backpack with all your gear on your back under all that.

Works for me ;)

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com

wa-loaf

Interesting I've always put the binding on my shoulder and I've almost never had an issue with it. I'll make sure to try some advanced cantilever action next time I'm out ;)

Tips forward front binding resting behind your shoulder. Advanced move, make sure the brake on the top ski is behind the bottom one to avoid any slide and release.

o3jeff

Tips forward front binding resting behind your shoulder. Advanced move, make sure the brake on the top ski is behind the bottom one to avoid any slide and release.

I think I need longer skis, I find the balance point puts the front binding on my shoulder.

wa-loaf

I think I need longer skis, I find the balance point puts the front binding on my shoulder.

Nope, you don't want the balance point on your shoulder. Behind it, you get the balance when you drape your wrist over the tips.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com

I usually put them on my shoulder, but hold onto the back of the skis with my hand, so the tips are up in the air. Never had any issues with them sliding down or moving.

My wife uses the carry thingy that Black Phantom had in the first post, and she swears by it. I'm a minimalist, the less stuff I use, the less there is for me to break or lose.

Black Phantom

img_8914.jpg

You tele?

bvibert

Staff member
Nope, you don't want the balance point on your shoulder. Behind it, you get the balance when you drape your wrist over the tips.

This. That way all you need is a little pressure on the tips from your wrist to keep them steady, as the extra length out the back will constantly be trying to pull the tips up.

gmcunni

yes, especially when i have my transpack boot back on. the padded shoulder strap makes a nice resting point for the skis.

Jessy

Is this how you carry multiple sets?

Ski_Sling_1.JPG

If not, how do you carry them? How many years of ski carrying experience do you have? Are you skiing this weekend? What's the square root of 11ty billion?

I-N-G-E-N-I-O-U-S!!! :beer:

Last edited:

wa-loaf

480x642px-LL-009cd36c_400949_10150574763366138_540901137_11455512_109360132_n.jpeg

That was used in the Stowe Observer

Was that someone you know who put that together? I hate designers who just take photos off of the internet. If they got paid for that they owe you some royalties ...

C-Rex

I love the oblivious people that walk around with their skis on their shoulder and don't hold them high enough. Nothing like a sharp ski edge to the eye to complete an epic day.

drjeff

I love the oblivious people that walk around with their skis on their shoulder and don't hold them high enough. Nothing like a sharp ski edge to the eye to complete an epic day.

Yup! You've got to pay almost as much attention when walking through a busy base area/parking lot as you do when sliding down the hill!

gmcunni

Yup! You've got to pay almost as much attention when walking through a busy base area/parking lot as you do when sliding down the hill!

LOL, this was me on Sunday. i usually carry my skis on my shoulder tips in front but it has been digging into my shoulder so i tried tails in front. it was more comfortable but the balancing point is different so the tips stick out back much further. i kept hitting things (not people thankfully) as i walked to the car.