• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Largest resort in the East?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I would agree and it's a big part of the reason why Stowe is my favorite area in VT and Wildcat and Sugarloaf are my favorite areas in NH & ME respectively. Long, good pitched runs.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Its smaller, but the runs they do have are just as long and well pitched as Stowe and Sugarloaf and all accessed off a great HSQ. Less runout at Wildcat also

Puck it

Sugarloaf run out sucks, so does the lift config. Terrain on the steep part is awesome.

If Cannon keeps naming the locally cut runs then we will be there soon!

MadMadWorld

Sugarloaf run out sucks, so does the lift config. Terrain on the steep part is awesome.

If Cannon keeps naming the locally cut runs then we will be there soon!

The things that were added to the map, is the terrain challenging? I wondered if they "thinned it" out. Once the mountain starts cutting and thinning shit goes down hill.

BenedictGomez

Mountain Vertical are complete morons, and so is anyone who quotes them.

You seem to become upset whenever people point out that Killington's vertical is grossly overstated, and rather average or even meager compared with other northeastern mountains.

I doubt more than a handful of people, if anyone, has skied it this entire season. Stowe, Sugarbush, Okemo, Wildcat, Loon, Sugarloaf, Waterville and probably others are all offering over 2000 vert lift served now. Ski around once in a while!

To be fair, some beginners do ski it.

And as we all know, the skiers most likely to benefit from and seek out high vertical are primarily recent bunny slope graduates. Thus it's not disingenuous at all to vastly skew your stated vertical due to terrain that only rank beginners will enjoy. [/end sarcasm mode]

Puck it

The things that were added to the map, is the terrain challenging? I wondered if they "thinned it" out. Once the mountain starts cutting and thinning shit goes down hill.
Just thinning by locals. Just like the uper glades. They are pretty challenging.