• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

WinS

From this afternoon's snow report:

So, looks like the Rock opens with the lift tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about the mention of Valley House running instead of Bravo... when it comes to a major lift not operating, people want to know a little more info instead of something like what they put in the report. Granted, you can still get everywhere via RT/HGT. And will give me a good reason to go that way Wednesday, if Bravo is still down.
Bravo opened on time

oldfartrider

I bet sb was glorious today. Checked out the cams around 2 saw the beautiful blue sky and wished I was there.

SteezyRob

From the afternoon snow report... "Note that Valley House will be running in place of Super Bravo tomorrow...she just did SO good today that we had to give her some more time in the spotlight"

I guess that's one way to put a positive spin on a lift being down.

Looks like they're reopening CR tomorrow as well! Wish I was up there enjoying this fresh snow...
snow report are so bad nowadays. they don't really tell you what the conditions are like and they just put a ridiculously positive spin on everything, it's annoying especially for mrg because they used to be really good about telling the truth. and the sugarbush snow report just looks like schizophrenia at this point.

abc

snow report are so bad nowadays. they don't really tell you what the conditions are like and they just put a ridiculously positive spin on everything, it's annoying especially for mrg because they used to be really good about telling the truth. and the sugarbush snow report just looks like schizophrenia at this point.
When the condition is really good, or just good, you’ll probably heard it straight!

Anything else that needs spinning, is well, not good

Keelhauled

You just have to know how to interpret them. For example, if you read something like "looks like the chance for some wet snow overnight that could briefly transition to light rain, leading to soft conditions great for carving tomorrow," what they are really trying to say is "it's gonna fuckin pour buckets. Prepare to board the ark."

Hawk

I have never listened to the Sugarbush report. Why would you. How about look at one or two weather sites, the web cams, MRG and maybe a weather bolg or two and make your own determination? I mean we all have been at this for a long time. Your telling me that you need the marketing dept at Sugarbush to tell you what's going on? I know, I know, everybody want's it handed to them on a silver platter.
Ok try this from NOAH at 2000' on the mtn.
Screenshot 2024-03-15 071552.jpg
The snow report says they got 2". I looked at the web cams and the top looks like they got that. The mid mountain cam....not so much.

Smellytele

I have never listened to the Sugarbush report. Why would you. How about look at one or two weather sites, the web cams, MRG and maybe a weather bolg or two and make your own determination? I mean we all have been at this for a long time. Your telling me that you need the marketing dept at Sugarbush to tell you what's going on? I know, I know, everybody want's it handed to them on a silver platter.
This is why Skiology Matt (or whatever the fuck he calls himself now) exists as well as some people want the info (not that he is much better than the ski reports) on a silver platter.

Hawk

This is about Sugarbush. Stowe's ability to do a weather report is irrelevant. Stowe has 3 resident resident meteorologist. they have better get it right.

djd66

slatham

Ha too funny, I often read the MRG report to sanity check the ‘Bush report.

I am spoiled - both Bromley and Magic have solid, honest reports.

FYI - Stowe is the best epic snow report I’ve seen. Mt Snow is god awful.

doublediamond

Sunapee’s yesterday said all lifts open by 9 despite that they delayed SunBowl as it was a sheet of ice. That’s got to take the cake far worse than Mt Snow’s.

Blurski

Brovo still on mechanical, but it is moving, hopefully it means they are getting close to getting things sorted out. Any one have any insight on this, expecting a shit show this weekend if it is not spinning.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Stowe has a good report...can't fault it.
View attachment 61762View attachment 61763

Just wondering if Stowe can write a good report,why can't sb.
Similar in size, owned by companies Similar in size.

"Dude, that is SO EPIC!!!!! And you all can be EPIC too! Passes on sale now!"

VD_VD200610060404018AR.jpg

skiur

Wait, people on here actually use the mountain snow report to determine the conditions?

Personally, I might take a peak at the Sugarbush site for entertainment purposes only,… as it’s basically an arm of Mountain marketing.

If I want to know what it’s really like, I look at webcams, the NWS site: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=44.160041248599825&lon=-72.92793273925781#.W-3eRRZOklR

and this site: https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Lincoln-Peak-Vermont/forecasts/1212

Mountain-forecast seems to consistently overstate snow totals by a lot. I rarely find it accurate.

Hawk

Brovo still on mechanical, but it is moving, hopefully it means they are getting close to getting things sorted out. Any one have any insight on this, expecting a shit show this weekend if it is not spinning.
Blurski, go the MRG Saturday for a Car Bomb with you know who. Most of your old crew will be there.