Winter cycling projects - Page 13

AlpineZone

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Did you replace your drivetrain?
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I have the parts too, just waiting on the rotors so can do everything at once. Just not doing the shock rebuild.
    2009/2010 - 28

2009 mtb-19 rides- 113.58 miles

2008/09 - 33

Just waiting on the suspension pivot kit now.
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Just waiting on the suspension pivot kit now.
    Did you get it? When's the maiden voyage??
    Brian

Did you get it? When's the maiden voyage??
    I'll have to call the shop and see if it came in yet.
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    This was supposed to be a winter project, but I never got around to it, so it became a spring project. My fork (fox float) has been leaking oil on one of the stanchions. I also need some new wheels as the ones on my bike (sun single track with XT hubs) have seen a lot of miles and the hubs were already repacked/rebuilt once).

So, the fork is getting Pushed, I went for Pushes own HV air pistons and I think I'm going with some handbuilt (by my LBS) Mavic 819's pair with Chris King hubs. Anyone ride on the Chris King hubs? I've read that, like a lot of finely engineered products, they need a decent amount of love to keep their superior ride quality going.

Everyone around here seems to like the Hope hubs. I'm sure some will chime in.
    2009/2010 - 28

2008/09 - 33

Quote Originally Posted by marcski View Post
    This was supposed to be a winter project, but I never got around to it, so it became a spring project. My fork (fox float) has been leaking oil on one of the stanchions. I also need some new wheels as the ones on my bike (sun single track with XT hubs) have seen a lot of miles and the hubs were already repacked/rebuilt once).

So, the fork is getting Pushed, I went for Pushes own HV air pistons and I think I'm going with some handbuilt (by my LBS) Mavic 819's pair with Chris King hubs. Anyone ride on the Chris King hubs? I've read that, like a lot of finely engineered products, they need a decent amount of love to keep their superior ride quality going.
    If money were no object I would have King or Hadley hubs. But for the $$$ it's pretty hard to be Hope's. What kind of bike (XC, trail, AM, DH) are these wheels for? Kings and 819's will be pretty bomb proof, but also heavy. Take a look at the new WTB Frequency i23 rims and of course the Stan's Flows.

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    If money were no object I would have King or Hadley hubs. But for the $$$ it's pretty hard to be Hope's. What kind of bike (XC, trail, AM, DH) are these wheels for? Kings and 819's will be pretty bomb proof, but also heavy. Take a look at the new WTB Frequency i23 rims and of course the Stan's Flows.
    I'm on a trail bike....which I love, a Kona Dawg Dee-lux that I've had for quite a few years. I ride mostly techy XC trails, no real DH and I don't really race, so weight really isn't an issue for me. I will stop by the LBS either today or tomorrow and see what they have to say. I'd also rather pay some more upfront for something that will give me years of good service. I've read good things about the Hope hubs but don't know anyone with personal beta.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I'll have to call the shop and see if it came in yet.
    Pivot bearing kit is in

Thread Information