• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Without Looking

highpeaksdrifter

Do you know the make and model of your ski poles? I have 2 pair of good light weight poles, but sitting in work I can't think of what kind either are.

I can tell you chapter and verse all about my boots and skis, but don't pay much attention to the poles.

Greg

Staff member
I have a pair of 50" Lekis and a pair of 48" K2s. I have no idea what model they are.

Moving to Gear...

Grassi21

I have a pair 48" Lekis (not sure of the model) and adjustable Indigo Epics (couldn't resist them on SAC).

Rushski

50" Lekis - cheapos, bent one bought another pair, so now I have an extra. Also have a better pair of Volkl poles from late 80s somewhere...

JimG.

Staff member
Without looking...I'll bet if I get to ski with a few of you who have answered I'll tell you you need shorter poles.

My longest poles are a pair of 48" Lekis...I'm almost 6'3".

I also have a pair of 46" Lekis and adjustable Black Diamonds.

Looking to buy a pair of 44" poles this season or cutting my 48" Lekis down to 44"...48" is just too long for me.

Greg

Staff member
Without looking...I'll bet if I get to ski with a few of you who have answered I'll tell you you need shorter poles.

My longest poles are a pair of 48" Lekis...I'm almost 6'3".

I also have a pair of 46" Lekis and adjustable Black Diamonds.

Looking to buy a pair of 44" poles this season or cutting my 48" Lekis down to 44"...48" is just too long for me.

I agree. I went with the 48 inchers and wish I went shorter.

roark

Yup, mine are 115cm (~45.3 in). Feel about right (I'm 5'11''). Couldn't tell you the brand/model/year. $5 at a sporting goods store about 6 yrs ago.. they've got the funny bend forward just below the grips. Wife has 48's and they feel silly.

tree_skier

I have a pair of leki's that are my primary and a pair of goode for backup. The lekis are 18 years old and the goodes are about 10. Yes for all you that are wondering they were both FREE.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
That's easy since I have used my Scott Gold USA's since 1968. I have replaced the baskets and one is slightly bent. I used to always carry them in the base lodge with me but I have been asked not too so many times I do leave them outside on the rack. They are 40 years old but not a pretty sight so I figure no one in their right mind would take them.

poles.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I haven't got a clue. They're whatever was the cheapest that didn't look hideous at SA after I dropped one of my previous poles (whatever was thrown in when I bought my skis) off the lift at Stowe....

Greg

Staff member
Know you have me thinking my 48s are too long. I'm an imposing 5' 8".

Depends on what you like to ski. For bumps, those poles are way too long. If you're cruising the groomers, maybe not, but it still sorta sounds long.

JimG.

Staff member
Know you have me thinking my 48s are too long. I'm an imposing 5' 8".

Yeah, those are long for you.

But keep them (unless they are new and you can exchange them); ski a day or two with them and then we can cut them down to a shorter length.

This way, you will really feel the difference and hopefully understand the biomechanics involved.

roark

I have a pair of leki's that are my primary and a pair of goode for backup. The lekis are 18 years old and the goodes are about 10. Yes for all you that are wondering they were both FREE.
What about those dumpster swix I saw in your trunk last year?