• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Without Looking

Grassi21

Yeah, those are long for you.

But keep them (unless they are new and you can exchange them); ski a day or two with them and then we can cut them down to a shorter length.

This way, you will really feel the difference and hopefully understand the biomechanics involved.

They are new and I have the receipt. What length should I look for? No bumps yet, maybe towards the end of the season.

NYDrew

48'' Atomic Metron m2's, 48'' Rossignol Zenith Z3's and a pair of scotts that I just bought so I dont know the model...but they are 48''.

JimG.

Staff member
They are new and I have the receipt. What length should I look for? No bumps yet, maybe towards the end of the season.

I would go for 44"...may be tough to find because that's the shortest pole most manufacturers make for adults.

2knees

scott poles, 46 or 48 inches and bent.

I bend every set of poles i buy within one or two days of using them. Its annoying as hell.

JimG.

Staff member
scott poles, 46 or 48 inches and bent.

I bend every set of poles i buy within one or two days of using them. Its annoying as hell.

Considering you love bumps, I think the bent pole syndrome is a sure sign that....

your poles are too long!

DEVO

50" K2 4-speed that I cut down slightly and Yakima (not sure who makes them for Yakima), yes they say "Yakima" as in the roof rack company in huge letters down the side, 2 piece adjustable poles.

edit: just looked and the Yakima adjustable poles are made by "Gabel" of Italy

NYDrew

Considering you love bumps, I think the bent pole syndrome is a sure sign that....

your poles are too long!

i disagree jim, I love bumps and also have BPS. But my BPS is caused by a disease, its called alcoholism. It seems that I put my poles between my legs and forget to take it out when I get off the lift. As the chair turns around the flywheel, the pole is wrapped around my thigh.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
For years I used a mixmatch pair from the single pole bin or from the rental shop bin. Then about 6 years ago a buddy got married. Gave everyone in his wedding party a pair of the thin composite poles and a bottle of bourbon. I have no idea what brand the poles are (without looking) but I do remember the Knob Creek was nice and smooth!!!

AHM

Yep, I know.

Alpine: 1 leki Venom vision, custom cut and one Kerma Banshee. This is my primary pair. One is all carbon, the other is half carbon half aluminum.

Backcountry: Life link carbon race.

JimG.

Staff member
i disagree jim, I love bumps and also have BPS. But my BPS is caused by a disease, its called alcoholism. It seems that I put my poles between my legs and forget to take it out when I get off the lift. As the chair turns around the flywheel, the pole is wrapped around my thigh.

That sounds painful...it may also explain why 2Knees skis without goggles on sub-zero days.