• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Requisites for a ski-off??

Madroch

Summer..... Late summer... But fun.. My money remains on HS-

WzGy44

OK, we still get a head start, but we will ski backwards!!
That's a deal if you ski backwards through tafts slalom, up the hiking trail and then continue down the 13 turns at the top of the tuckerbrook trail while still backwards.

I say this assuming cannon is still our objective of course.

darent

That's a deal if you ski backwards through tafts slalom, up the hiking trail and then continue down the 13 turns at the top of the tuckerbrook trail while still backwards.

I say this assuming cannon is still our objective of course.
can I use both legs or r u going to make us old guys ski on One ski?

Madroch

When I was growing up I used to ski at snow a lot with my aunts.. They had a friend who was 75 at least. Guy was so f-ing solid- huge GS turns with legs locked (the syle) absorbing everything effortlessly... Loved skiing with him...

darent

When I was growing up I used to ski at snow a lot with my aunts.. They had a friend who was 75 at least. Guy was so f-ing solid- huge GS turns with legs locked (the syle) absorbing everything effortlessly... Loved skiing with him...
when I was first learning to ski I would go to Bretton Woods and in the morning this group of old guys invited me to ski with them, boy could they ski, several had knee replacements, couple of new hips in this group. over the years I continued to ski with them when I made it to BW. they were my inspiration to get better. great group of guys!!

skiNEwhere

I think there needs to be multiple facets. If it was at Killington, it would be Julio, Devil's Fiddle, Needles Eye, and Juggernaut. Yes, Juggernaut. You won't be laughing when your triceps are screaming for mercy.

MadMadWorld

I think there needs to be multiple facets. If it was at Killington, it would be Julio, Devil's Fiddle, Needles Eye, and Juggernaut. Yes, Juggernaut. You won't be laughing when your triceps are screaming for mercy.

A ski off can not involve multiple lift rides. Skinning is acceptable however.