• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This is going to get us coming and going

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjeff

I think you have it backwards. The energy, insurance, and health care industries are involved in government, legislating themselves monopoly power and lax regulations.

Folks should read Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire from this month's Rolling Stone Magazine.
This is your "conservative" GOP.

Is big industry actually "regulating" themselves via government intervention or are they "forced" to try and regulate themselves (and often this comes by working to regulate competitors out of their business market) because of government regulation, often in the form of overreaching actions?

And for all the left's cries of "Koch brothers this" or "Koch brothers that" they're (the left) sure are awfully quiet about the actions of Soros, Buffet, etc to push their agenda - its a 2 way street if you really want to have a conversation about big money donor influences

Puck it

I think you have it backwards. The energy, insurance, and health care industries are involved in government, legislating themselves monopoly power and lax regulations.

Folks should read Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire from this month's Rolling Stone Magazine.
This is your "conservative" GOP.

Great source of info. The mag that put the Marathon bombers on the cover.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is big industry actually "regulating" themselves via government intervention or are they "forced" to try and regulate themselves (and often this comes by working to regulate competitors out of their business market) because of government regulation, often in the form of overreaching actions?

And for all the left's cries of "Koch brothers this" or "Koch brothers that" they're (the left) sure are awfully quiet about the actions of Soros, Buffet, etc to push their agenda - its a 2 way street if you really want to have a conversation about big money donor influences

Not entirely 2 ways. 1 party wants citizens united and to keep money in politics. 1 doesn't

BenedictGomez

LOL. The cows run the farm, not the farmer!

It's not even a two-way street. Soros is like Godzilla and the Koch brothers are like Bambi if you compare total political donations.

The reality is the Koch brothers are just the left's new fund-raising boogeyman designed to scare. Every political mailer to registered Democrats now is "donate $xx to help us fight the Koch brothers" money to "big business" etc... = lulz. Effective spoon-fed messaging.

You're an idiot.

Look who showed up to join the party with his usual high-brow intellectualism. The guy who cant comprehend why future skier visits and skier revenue are not going to be a perpetually climbing staircase!

deadheadskier

Staff member
The vote just happened. 1 side wants citizens united to go away one doesn't. Fact not opinion.

BenedictGomez

Not entirely 2 ways. 1 party wants citizens united and to keep money in politics. 1 doesn't

Holy crap. Really? You seriously believe this? Honestly, I could write "War & Peace" on this subject, but I'm weary from debunking Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert show with a side of New York Times talking point myths in one day.

SHORT VERSION: Democrats are more than happy to keep the "correct" money fully IN politics (Unions, Lawyers, etc...), as long as the "incorrect" money (Oil, NRA, etc..) is excluded and impaired.

Smellytele

You are an idiot. The Feds mandate ethanol in our gas which lowers the efficiency and inflating corn prices. Great idea.

Then with inflated corn prices Mexicans have a hard time surviving and jump the boarder or start killing each other over drug territory. Also with high corn prices raising livestock becomes more expensive driving up meat prices.

drjeff

Holy crap. Really? You seriously believe this? Honestly, I could write "War & Peace" on this subject, but I'm weary from debunking Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert show with a side of New York Times talking point myths in one day.

SHORT VERSION: Democrats are more than happy to keep the "correct" money fully IN politics (Unions, Lawyers, etc...), as long as the "incorrect" money (Oil, NRA, etc..) is excluded and impaired.

And we have the winning answer!

Edd

Thank god AZ doesn't allow political discussions. Otherwise this thread really could have gotten offtrack :puke:

I like the increased permissiveness. I'd say nobody gets offended about 99% of the time but it's not like I'm the one fielding complaints so I wouldn't know.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Vote happened. Spin it however you like. Scoreboard doesn't lie.

And that's it for me. Cannonball is right. Sorry, the skiing Limbaugh gets me worked up. I'll ignore.

BenedictGomez

And we have the winning answer!

To be completely fair, BOTH political parties will do virtually anything to gain an edge over the other party.

But to honestly believe that the real reason the Democrats are against "Citizens United" has ANYTHING to do with keeping money out of politics as they claim, is, ......well.....I mean......

I like the increased permissiveness. I'd say nobody gets offended about 99% of the time but it's not like I'm the one fielding complaints so I wouldn't know.

Agreed. We're all adults here and even after arguments people generally get along, and even during arguments it's generally quite civil.

Well, other than the occasional troll who solely chimes in with, "you're an idiot" of course, but you'd have that same response from that same individual in a thread about sunshine and kittens.

Highway Star

Then with inflated corn prices Mexicans have a hard time surviving and jump the boarder or start killing each other over drug territory. Also with high corn prices raising livestock becomes more expensive driving up meat prices.

Wow. You're also a massively under informed idiot.

Edd

I'm not a big fan. Although, if the comments in this thread represent a cross-section of the skiing community it will help motivate me to get more solo backcountry days

Yeah, admittedly, this thread is a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.