• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This is going to get us coming and going

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Save the fake outrage. You're looking for any excuse to avoid the subject.

Speaking of the above, I didn't see your response to the question as to why it's perfectly okay for George Soros to donate significantly more money to left-wing causes than the Koch brothers do to right-wing causes.

Seems contradictory.

Smellytele

Wow. You're also a massively under informed idiot.

Hey jack provide your great all seeing information.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...in-senauer/how-biofuels-could-starve-the-poor

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/may2009/bw20090514_058678.htm

Even major oil exporters that use their petrodollars to purchase food imports, such as Mexico, cannot escape the consequences of the hikes in food prices. In late 2006, the price of tortilla flour in Mexico, which gets 80 percent of its corn imports from the United States, doubled thanks partly to a rise in U.S. corn prices from $2.80 to $4.20 a bushel over the previous several months. (Prices rose even though tortillas are made mainly from Mexican-grown white corn because industrial users of the imported yellow corn, which is used for animal feed and processed foods, started buying the cheaper white variety.) The price surge was exacerbated by speculation and hoarding. With about half of Mexico's 107 million people living in poverty and relying on tortillas as a main source of calories, the public outcry was fierce. In January 2007, Mexico's new president, Felipe Calderón, was forced to cap the prices of corn products.

bobbutts

Might as well read "Liberal Magazine for liberals". And no I am not a GOP member. I have a hard time getting information from RS or Fox and taking it seriously.
So pick ANY source, you will find that corroborates basically everything in that article. RS is biased for sure, but they often have good journalism. It also doesn't hurt to view material that may not match your pre-existing biases exactly.

Highway Star

Hey jack provide your great all seeing information.

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...in-senauer/how-biofuels-could-starve-the-poor

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/may2009/bw20090514_058678.htm

Even major oil exporters that use their petrodollars to purchase food imports, such as Mexico, cannot escape the consequences of the hikes in food prices. In late 2006, the price of tortilla flour in Mexico, which gets 80 percent of its corn imports from the United States, doubled thanks partly to a rise in U.S. corn prices from $2.80 to $4.20 a bushel over the previous several months. (Prices rose even though tortillas are made mainly from Mexican-grown white corn because industrial users of the imported yellow corn, which is used for animal feed and processed foods, started buying the cheaper white variety.) The price surge was exacerbated by speculation and hoarding. With about half of Mexico's 107 million people living in poverty and relying on tortillas as a main source of calories, the public outcry was fierce. In January 2007, Mexico's new president, Felipe Calderón, was forced to cap the prices of corn products.

Dumb-Dumb-Dumb-Dumb-Dumb!

bobbutts

Speaking of the above, I didn't see your response to the question as to why it's perfectly okay for George Soros to donate significantly more money to left-wing causes than the Koch brothers do to right-wing causes.

Seems contradictory.
It is not even close to equivalent, and regardless it doesn't make the Koch's actions any less concerning. Even if the Dems were 100x worse, it wouldn't excuse the behavior.

drjeff

It is not even close to equivalent, and regardless it doesn't make the Koch's actions any less concerning. Even if the Dems were 100x worse, it wouldn't excuse the behavior.

So if its done with a liberal/progressive slant/intention its OK in your book, but if an "equivalent" action is done from a conservative slant/intention (and Soros & Co have done far more $$ donation wise than the Koch Brothers have BTW) that's not OK??

Talk about a hypocritical point of view. If you can't call a spade a spade, regardless of if it does or doesn't agree with YOUR desired point of view, then that's all that one needs to know

bobbutts

So if its done with a liberal/progressive slant/intention its OK in your book, but if an "equivalent" action is done from a conservative slant/intention (and Soros & Co have done far more $$ donation wise than the Koch Brothers have BTW) that's not OK??

Talk about a hypocritical point of view. If you can't call a spade a spade, regardless of if it does or doesn't agree with YOUR desired point of view, then that's all that one needs to know
I think a system that allows money to purchase legislation is bad conceptually and in practice regardless of who is making the contribution. Giving a private company license to trash the environment for extreme personal financial gain, what the Koch's are doing, is clearly not good for the country or you or me. And somehow I'm a hypocrite for pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.