• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2015-2016 Ski Areas to visit...

Smellytele

10e
hopefully eastern Canada - Owl's Head also Tremblant.
Also planning on another Summit county trip hoping for a Vail Day (haven't been in over 20 years) and maybe Loveland (never been) if not then Keystone which i haven't been to in over 20 either. Will hit A-basin.

May hit Granite gorge as well.

catsup948

10e
hopefully eastern Canada - Owl's Head also Tremblant.
Also planning on another Summit county trip hoping for a Vail Day (haven't been in over 20 years) and maybe Loveland (never been) if not then Keystone which i haven't been to in over 20 either. Will hit A-basin.

May hit Granite gorge as well.

Granite Gorge liftline looks pretty legit!

SIKSKIER

2 lifts to the top. Gondola, then summit quad.

Whiteface is a great mountain, and I feel like everyone in the East should make the trek out there at least once, especially if you can do it in March when there's ample coverage.
I was talking about Gore and skiing all of its 2500 ft.

Newpylong

To be clear, you are stating that tree skiing at Sugarbush is better than tree skiing at Jay Peak and Smuggler's Notch.

IMO, if we took a poll here of people who've skied all three, not only would "eyebrows" not be "raised", but your opinion would likely come in last place in a ranking of the tree skiing at those three, and probably significantly so. My 2¢.

Whatever you say lol.

skiNEwhere

Would like to do a western Canada trip. Whistler, Revelstoke, kicking horse and venture a little further east and hit lake Louise and sunshine village too, especially since I have the MCP this year. It all depends on work though.

Tin

Granite Gorge liftline looks pretty legit!

Right? Anyone have a better pic of the upper section?

doublechair-2005-1223b.jpg

BenedictGomez

Whatever you say lol.

Interesting that though asked several times, I still haven't been able to get you to actually fully commit. One more time........

You are stating that tree skiing at Sugarbush is better than tree skiing at Jay Peak and Smuggler's Notch?

Newpylong

Should be obvious I would stack Sugarbush up with anywhere save Stowe for anything including trees. You're being like a turd that won't flush on this. Let it go, it's all opinion.

BenedictGomez

Should be obvious I would stack Sugarbush up with anywhere save Stowe for anything including trees. You're being like a turd that won't flush on this. Let it go, it's all opinion.

Great. Took a while, just wanted to get that on the record.

Newpylong

Are you that concerned with what others think? Skiing is supposed to be fun no need to get on each other's cases over opinions.

At least we can agree Gore trees are excellent and underrated.

Last edited:

cdskier

Are you that concerned with what others think? Skiing is supposed to be fun no need to get on each other's cases over opinions.

Agreed. Who really cares? If people enjoy SB (and the trees at SB), great! If people don't like them and would rather go elsewhere, that's great too (more for me!)

Stowe and Jay and Smuggs all have terrific trees I'm sure, but I really don't consider any of them options for me on a regular basis as the weekly 5 hour trip to SB from NJ is plenty long enough. I'm not going to say SB is better or worse than any of them, but I'm perfectly happy at SB and think they have excellent terrain (and trees) to keep me interested for many years to come.