• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Super Bowl Weekend

drjeff

Average to maybe slightly below average crowd on the hill at Mount Snow this AM.

My condo complex which on a typical winter weekend has about 225-250 cars parked out back of the units (the shuttle driver does a count every morning) counted only 155 cars!

The snow, both fresh manmade and the trails they have just groomed since the Wednesday rain event are all skiing quite nice!

bheemsoth

Ended up skiing Stratton today, as it had appeared that they put the most resources into snowmaking this week. Much better conditions than expected. Some icy spots, but overall very skiiable. Crowds weren't too bad - we got 27 runs in between 8:30 and 2:15 before heading home for the game.

The Sneak

Basically ski on at Crotched today. Awesome wall to wall coverage

Grrr. I was at WaWa. Summit chair broke down - actually basically never ran and they were not disclosing the problems on the snow report or at the ticket window. Got 5 runs in off short side chair before getting a rain check. INSANE lines.

Was gonna head up to Crotched to salvage the day but was in a bad frame of mind after the lift issue and a scary road raging a-hole I encountered on the ride up...so I just went home. All day, I've been wondering how Crotched was today.

Kicking myself hard. Coulda racked up a ton of vert.

xwhaler

Grrr. I was at WaWa. Summit chair broke down - actually basically never ran and they were not disclosing the problems on the snow report or at the ticket window. Got 5 runs in off short side chair before getting a rain check. INSANE lines.

Was gonna head up to Crotched to salvage the day but was in a bad frame of mind after the lift issue and a scary road raging a-hole I encountered on the ride up...so I just went home. All day, I've been wondering how Crotched was today.

Kicking myself hard. Coulda racked up a ton of vert.

DHS and I got in 15k+ vert easily. Met up with QuietMan and JSegal

CM puts out an amazing product in this tough winter

Last edited:

yeggous

DHS and I got in 15k+ vert easily. Met up with QuietMan and JSegal

CM puts out an amazing product in this tough winter

They sure do. This season really highlights their snowmaking system. Hands down the best snowmaking in New England. They have an awesome surface whenever physically possible.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

dlague

We skied Cannon until 2. While conditions were very firm on many runs we did find trails that were skiing good. We did avoid the Summit and stuck to the front Five and mid mountain which is where the best skiing was.

xwhaler

We skied Cannon until 2. While conditions were very firm on many runs we did find trails that were skiing good. We did avoid the Summit and stuck to the front Five and mid mountain which is where the best skiing was.

How were lines on 2 for 1 SB Sunday? Traditionally a very busy day by Cannon's standards

SIKSKIER

How were lines on 2 for 1 SB Sunday? Traditionally a very busy day by Cannon's standards

Crazy how empty it was for a two fer Super.There were still parking spots on the Brookside pods at 9:30.I went right to Mittersill at 8:30 and had 3 runs with absolutely not 1 person on Barons except myself.And it was really good!Never bothered with the top as I left at noon but I never saw more than a couple chair wait.When I left at noon the only Mittersill parking lot that was full was the first and thats almost all the employees.#2 had maybe 12 cars and 3 and 4 were empty along with an empty Echo.Weird.

WJenness

Went to Attitash / WC yesterday... ($39, Thanks Liftopia!)

Arrived at Attitash at 8:35 / 8:40, great parking spot...

Morning at Attitash was pretty good, lots of good snow, decent amount of trails open, Checked out Bear, much icier on that side, though Wandering Skis was pretty nice the whole way down... Went back over to Attitash and thought it was skied off...

Then I went over to Wildcat (because why not? tickets are good at both places) and skied a few runs off the summit chair and THAT showed me what skied off really was... The top half of the mountain was pretty tough sledding everywhere I tried. Edges were decent, but even there, not great. Took a couple of runs off the lower chairs that were running (snow much better there), and then called it a day after racking up >22k in vert.

Both areas were basically ski on all day. I think my longest wait was 3 or 4 chairs.

Home in time for kickoff.

-w

Smellytele

Went to Attitash / WC yesterday... ($39, Thanks Liftopia!)

Arrived at Attitash at 8:35 / 8:40, great parking spot...

Morning at Attitash was pretty good, lots of good snow, decent amount of trails open, Checked out Bear, much icier on that side, though Wandering Skis was pretty nice the whole way down... Went back over to Attitash and thought it was skied off...

Then I went over to Wildcat (because why not? tickets are good at both places) and skied a few runs off the summit chair and THAT showed me what skied off really was... The top half of the mountain was pretty tough sledding everywhere I tried. Edges were decent, but even there, not great. Took a couple of runs off the lower chairs that were running (snow much better there), and then called it a day after racking up >22k in vert.

Both areas were basically ski on all day. I think my longest wait was 3 or 4 chairs.

Home in time for kickoff.

-w

Was at Wildcat in the morning and it started off pretty good but was toast by noon. Polecat skied fine the whole time - Catapult was brutal by 11:30. Lynx had some crappy chopped up ice chunks around the area where the tomcat lift crosses. it made my teeth chatter and my nuts hurt.

Last edited:

skiMEbike

I was at SRiver yesterday 11:00 to close....Place was empty. Pretty much the same report over there. Unless you skied within 5-10 feet of the groom line on the edge of the trail...It pretty much SUCKED. It appeared only two trails received overnight snowmaking Risky & Right stuff, so those two trails were the exception & were "fun" to ski. I ventured off onto some un-groomed trails (Vortex & Downdraft) just to mix it up & test out my edges...It was survival skiing at best. Had one of my scarier runs in a long time trying to turn on Vortex. Also Agony looked like it was living up to its name...Only saw one person make an attempt down it & eventually ski patrol roped it off later in the day.

VTKilarney

It would have been nice to have a good weekend before the chaos of a holiday weekend. This year has been SOOOO frustrating!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Unfortunately, that's par for the course at Wildcat much of the time. I try and make it there for first chair and hammer out as much vert as possible first thing. Unless it's a warm spring day or it snowed recently and much of the woods are in play, the skiing at the Cat can get pretty dicey after 12. As has been mentioned prior in other threads, if they could have new snowmaking equipment on Gondi-line and use it frequently, it would take some of the pressure off of Catapult and Lynx.

yeggous

Was at Wildcat in the morning and it started off pretty good but was toast by noon. Polecat skied fine the whole time - Catapult was brutal by 11:30. Lynx had some crappy chopped up ice chunks around the area where the tomcat lift crosses. it made my teeth chatter and my nuts hurt.

Lynx was much better in the afternoon. The cookies broke up and surface was smooth. Never got skied off.

Brad J

+++++1 for gondi-line Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brian can you hear me!!!!!!!