• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Form Fitting boots

Hawkshot99

Go with the Intuition liners. Been in them for two years and by far the best fit. Plus, if they get packed out, you can always remold them (I think 6 times). Nice thing is you don't need to use foot beds with this liners.

I would highly recommend foot beds with them. The kiner does not offer support of your foot like a proper footbed. It hust moulds around the shape.

I don't really see any reason to remold the liners. They do not pack out like a normal liner. I had over 300 days in my last set. I kept transfering the liners from boot to boot as I got new shells. I would remold them, but only brcause they were going in different shells.

prsboogie

do you have a wide foot? i was reading on wide boot options last night and the xpro 120 popped up on a list.
Not particularly wide, measures 101-102 ( guess wide enough ) more of the forefoot being on the higher side. I would always get massive pressure and pain across that area and then the toes would go numb, even when the buckles where completely off. Happened with three different pairs of boots. They put a thin pad over the forefoot while we molded and now I have no issues at all

With me they did the heat part but not the ice pack. They were comfortable right from the get go but like I said earlier they seem to have become even more comfortable the more I use them. I don't have a custom foot bed & don't feel the need to have them.
They packed me in snow outside the shop. Kinda felt like an ass standing in snow but it worked great.

prsboogie

The majority of the moldable Atomic Salomon boots we sell we do not mold as the people aee very happy with the stock fit. But molding is always a option(up to 3x)

They did fit good before the mold but much better afterward! Can't say enough about them. Though I'm sure there are those who will hate them as much as I love them.

steamboat1

If the shop I go to to still has your size in stock (last years model) you could probably get them for the same $350 price I paid (no tax). You'd have to travel to Killington though.

gmcunni

If the shop I go to to still has your size in stock (last years model) you could probably get them for the same $350 price I paid (no tax). You'd have to travel to Killington though.

that's my dilemma right there. the "best" ski shops aren't near where i live, and i don't have a home mountain so i'm less inclined to buy in a location i won't be back to should i need adjustments.

how you avoid tax? ship to home and then bring it back for the fitting? or ship an empty box while you walk out with the boots? ;-)

mrvpilgrim

my wife has been skiing the apex boot for a couple of years now. They have worked very well for her as far as performance and comfort.
She has however found that when skiing in wet conditions water works its way into the liner and she ends up with very wet socks. The boot fitter sent the liners back to the factory rep who returned them saying that the he could not duplicate the issue. She now skis her old boots in wet conditions. I know of at least one other person with these boots who has also had issue with water penetration

steamboat1

how you avoid tax? ship to home and then bring it back for the fitting? or ship an empty box while you walk out with the boots? ;-)

I buy most of my equipment from the same shop & also have been purchasing a season tune for years. They never charge me tax or at least they don't add it to the purchase price. For all I know they could be absorbing the tax.