• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best vehicle for booting up in the parking lot.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
At cannon today wife and I booted up at the car. Grilled some smoked sausage at lunch and unbooted at the car. Did go get in for a morning break and wished we didn’t. FSC kids came in knocked a chair 🪑 into my wife as we sat at a table in an empty lodge . No apologies from him. The coach nor any other kid who saw it said anything to the kid.
1672873407880.gif

MG Skier

I'll stick to my Covid set up. F-150 with a 2' x 2' boot rest with carpet on the top so I can sit on my tailgate, and stand on the boot rest to get into my boots. It doubles as a seat for lunchtime with my tailgate as a table. It is always a hit when people see it.

ne_skier

To answer your question, anything with a good, sittable tailgate. Otherwise it's an uncomfortable shitshow. But if you can sit down somewhat comfortably and get good leverage to put your foot in, in some cases it's better than dealing with the lodge.

raisingarizona

I'll stick to my Covid set up. F-150 with a 2' x 2' boot rest with carpet on the top so I can sit on my tailgate, and stand on the boot rest to get into my boots. It doubles as a seat for lunchtime with my tailgate as a table. It is always a hit when people see it.
Sounds cool, post up some pics!

gmcunni

i keep a folding camping chair and a door mat in the back of the jeep. makes for a simple setup to change pants/shoes. the jeep rear window provides a little cover if needed but not much.

JoeB-Z

At Loveland in CO the lodge is not much and they don't allow you to store anything, even pre covid. It seems people have cargo vans, maybe with just sideways benches. Overlooked but that place is a hoot to ski. Plenty steep off Lift 1. Also no "safety" bars and rather high lifts in an area that can have wild weather.

Cornhead

my buddy boots up inside his car, in the driver's seat! It hurts just to think about it. Off topic, someone once parked inches from my driver's door once. I had to enter via the passenger door. It might not have been so bad if I didn't drive stick. Sodimized by a shift, and brake, lever. Once it the driver's seat I opened the door as much as I could and gave it a few good slams into the violator's car. I was tempted to remove his wiper blades, i didn't, i did leave a note under his wiper informing him to expect damage to his vehicle if he ever parked that close to me again.

AdironRider

my buddy boots up inside his car, in the driver's seat! It hurts just to think about it. Off topic, someone once parked inches from my driver's door once. I had to enter via the passenger door. It might not have been so bad if I didn't drive stick. Sodimized by a shift, and brake, lever. Once it the driver's seat I opened the door as much as I could and gave it a few good slams into the violator's car. I was tempted to remove his wiper blades, i didn't, i did leave a note under his wiper informing him to expect damage to his vehicle if he ever parked that close to me again.

You seriously did that because he parked close to you?

Way to take a mild annoyance way to far.

Cornhead

You seriously did that because he parked close to you?

Way to take a mild annoyance way to far.
No, a foot away is a mild annoyance, six inches, you deserve retribution. Back in the day when cars came with bench seats up front, yes, it would be annoying to have to slide across from the passenger door, climbing over a shift lever and brake handle is a pita. If you're too lazy to walk to the lift from an appropriate parking spot, perhaps you should just stay home.

KustyTheKlown

This girl used to park illegally on my block in Brooklyn. She basically figured out they didn’t enforce the rules in our very bougie neighborhood. But everyone else followed the rules. It drove me nuts. I spat on her car regularly, but actual keying/denting, y’all are savage!

Cornhead

I still think taking his wipers off would've been good, it may have been precipitating, I can't remember. I think scratching the windshield would be unavoidable unless you noticed they were gone before turning them on. Pulling the blades out of the holder would be bests for stealth and carnage.