• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best vehicle for booting up in the parking lot.

SteezyRob

my buddy boots up inside his car, in the driver's seat! It hurts just to think about it. Off topic, someone once parked inches from my driver's door once. I had to enter via the passenger door. It might not have been so bad if I didn't drive stick. Sodimized by a shift, and brake, lever. Once it the driver's seat I opened the door as much as I could and gave it a few good slams into the violator's car. I was tempted to remove his wiper blades, i didn't, i did leave a note under his wiper informing him to expect damage to his vehicle if he ever parked that close to me again.
i suspect this to be satirical, but i respect the grind either way.

2Planker

I still think taking his wipers off would've been good, it may have been precipitating, I can't remember. I think scratching the windshield would be unavoidable unless you noticed they were gone before turning them on. Pulling the blades out of the holder would be bests for stealth and carnage.
Saw someone do exactly that at a tournament at Kingswood GC in Wolfboro last summer.
Then the owner showed up and KO'd the guy w/ one punch.
Turned out it was Zack Sampson from Derry, now playing for the St. Louis Blues.

Last edited:

SteezyRob

Saw someone do exactly that at a tournament at Kingswood GC in Wolfboro last summer.
Turned out it was Zack Sampson from Derry, now playing for the SR Louis Blues.
and you didn't say anything? but also, people really will do this? i could see that in the city but not at a ski area. at least, it must be really rare right? i guess it just depends on the person. sickos.

skiur

Turned out it was Zack Sampson from Derry, now playing for the SR Louis Blues.

I would love to get punched by an nhl player, that would be worth at least a million.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I don’t sit down to boot up , I open the Jeep door and with one hand take off one shoe slip on one ski pant leg , then step into one boot ( loosen first) Then repeat procedure. Pull up my pants take a few steps and tighten my buckles.

I think of it as balance training .😁

raisingarizona

I don’t sit down to boot up , I open the Jeep door and with one hand take off one shoe slip on one ski pant leg , then step into one boot ( loosen first) Then repeat procedure. Pull up my pants take a few steps and tighten my buckles.

I think of it as balance training .😁
It’s really not that hard. 😂

kancamagus

This girl used to park illegally on my block in Brooklyn. She basically figured out they didn’t enforce the rules in our very bougie neighborhood. But everyone else followed the rules. It drove me nuts. I spat on her car regularly, but actual keying/denting, y’all are savage!
Better one: throw bird seed onto the roof of the car on the regular. it’ll take a while for the birds to realize it’s there, but once they learn…

if they drive a lot, bird seed rolled into balls of peanut butter will stay stuck better.

Now as for the thread: being in the part of the country that is still experiencing actual winter right now, I just boot up standing just outside the driver door of my truck. My partner struggles a bit, as I don’t have running boards, but gets by okay with a mat on the ground. I kind of prefer booting up in the car at Tahoe, as the weather is usually conducive for tailgating lunch anyway.

darent

boot up in the car, push the passenger front seat all the way back, plenty of room and it is warm.