• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 2/22 - 2/23 Storm Discussion Thread

madskier6

I'm lookin at the beast for tomorrow so i dont think i'm gonna make it out tonight.

I also may try for Beast tomorrow... it would be early, like 8-1 because I need to work at 4. Might be hard to leave if I do make it. Never skied any natural trails there not named Liftline so it will be fun if I can get there.

keep your eye open for me zand. Yellow jacket black pants. should be there by 9.

Dudes, great minds think alike. I too will be at the BEast tomorrow. It should be great with all this light fluffy pow on top of their great base.

I've skied with 2knees before so I know what he looks like. I'm not sure what Zand looks like but I'm sure we'll run into each other. BEast isn't that big. I'll be wearing an orange jacket & black pants with a gray helmet. I'm shooting to get there as early as possible for some freshies. I'll be there with some other people though so I won't be the master of my own destiny. See you guys there.

The Sneak

I was at Crotched on a pow day 12/20 and it was awesome. If they get 6"+ out of this I think we will have little choice but to go there.

It's probably going to come down to either there or BEast, with Sunapee an outside shot if they get anything significant.

Greg

Staff member
We're closing in on 5". I replaced the shear bolts on my snow thrower this morning and then as my wife was using it, she sucked up the morning paper. The shear bolts held, but the auger belt broke. Just finished replacing that. Perhaps I should have left it off to assure a massive dump? :lol:

Zand

Been snowing steadily since noon with a temp of 19.8. Incredibly dry and fine snowflakes coming down.

loafer89

We're closing in on 5". I replaced the shear bolts on my snow thrower this morning and then as my wife was using it, she sucked up the morning paper. The shear bolts held, but the auger belt broke. Just finished replacing that. Perhaps I should have left it off to assure a massive dump? :lol:

I noticed no complaints from you thus far about sleet:lol::lol::lol: so all must be well in Thomaston?

Here in Coventry we have 5" with moderate/heavy dry fluffy snow and 27.5F

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

whaddya doing blowing snow., you're supposed to be out there on the hill. widows and dogs left behind. You can dig them out in the spring :grin:

JD

Website
hotmail.com
snowing since 8 in central vermont. Looks like 3 or so for us. I would imagine the Bush and MRG are looking at 6" on the hill....a little wind would be nice.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
A little wind can make 6 inches all over turn into 12 in the woods. Not too much....just enough to blow it in a bit...

jct

I just looked outside, it looks like we have about a foot so far & it's still snowing! Berkshire East should be excellent tomorrow & Sunday!

tcharron

I was at Crotched on a pow day 12/20 and it was awesome. If they get 6"+ out of this I think we will have little choice but to go there.

It's probably going to come down to either there or BEast, with Sunapee an outside shot if they get anything significant.

Next town over we've gotten 6"+, I'm heading over in a bit, I'll post a summary.