• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheap & Easy Slopes this week?

J

JeffU

Hi,
I'm itching to hit the slopes this week, and I'm looking for someplace with a cheap price for a midweek lift ticket, some easy slopes and a good lesson since I'm still a beginning snowboarder. :dunce:
I've been boarding a couple of times a few years ago, but now I finally have the chance to hit the slopes a lot this season.
I've got a new board and have ordered a season ticket for Powder Ridge (very nearby in CT) which will hopefully open next week, but I'd like to go somewhere this week if I can find a good deal. :D
Anyways, I just found this site and the resort directory has been very helpful. Cheers to everyone, and I look forward to seeing you all on the slopes!
Jeff :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Hi Jeff! Welcome to the forums! :D

Coming from Old Saybrook, your best bet would probably be Ski Butternut, in terms of proximity, terrain, and price. They are set to reopen Thursday and I'm betting they'll be offering ten or more runs. Keep on eye on their Web site for more info. The skiing there Friday may be really good if the snowstorm forecasted for Thursday sticks.

Terrain is very easy, so it would probably be a good choice for you. They won't open unless the trails are in good shape so anything they offer should be fun to ski. Their rates should still be low this early. Again, check their site.

Ski reports from all New England resorts can be found on the reports page.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
attitash is offering free lift tickets on friday!
i'll be at attitash friday and cannon on saturday :beer: awwwwwww yea! by the end of this weekend, i'll have done more skiing this season than i had done by the end of january last season!

J

JeffU

Thanks for the warm welcome and the suggestions.
Attitash is a bit far for me for a day trip, but I'll see if Butternut offers a discount for their re-opening.
Otherwise I'll get some practice down here before heading up north.
best,
Jeff

Greg

Staff member
Jeff - if you go to Butternut this week, be sure to post the conditions here. I may try to sneak up there for a couple of hours on Saturday and then off to Hunter or Jiminy on Sunday.

riverc0il - have a blast on Friday. I'm jealous! Haven't been out yet... :-?

Greg

Staff member
So, Jeff? Did you make it to Butternut today? I'm heading up there tomorrow (probably not until late morning) to finally get going on this ski season. Then off to Hunter on Sunday. Should be a nice weekend to hit the slopes! :)

J

JeffU

Hey,
No I didn't, but I'll be heading over to Powder Ridge tomorrow 8)
Looking forward to hitting the slopes!
Jeff