• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

wa-loaf

7.5 I'm jonesin' for any kind of outdoor activity at the moment.

I'm at the point where I'm really mobile after the surgery, but I can't push very hard because the tendon needs longer to catch up than my muscles. :sad:

downhill04

Rate your current ski jones on a 1 to 10 scale as follows:

1 - No Jones
10 - Off the chart jones

I'm going in for surgery this friday to remove the disk I effed up back in December at Sundown. Right now the only jones I have is to get the recovery period started so that I'm ready to ski next winter. My Dr says I should be good to go and back to ripping bumps and jumps by January.

Greg

Staff member

I'm going in for surgery this friday to remove the disk I effed up back in December at Sundown. Right now the only jones I have is to get the recovery period started so that I'm ready to ski next winter. My Dr says I should be good to go and back to ripping bumps and jumps by January.

Yikes! I can't believe that's still bugging you. Talk about a freak accident.

kcyanks1

9. Could be worse, but I want to ski. If the Yankees don't improve, that'll be enough to make it a 10. Summer sucks.

downhill04

Yikes! I can't believe that's still bugging you. Talk about a freak accident.

I still can get over how much damage a tiny little hit off the side of a trail could do.I have hit jumps exactly like that thousands of times. I guess you never know.

I'm going to bust my butt in PT so that I'm ready to go for the Sundown bump comps :daffy:

Last edited:

ERJ-145CA

Had a ski dream last night.

About a 7 for me. I've had two ski dreams in the last few weeks and last night I dreamed that I was outside and it was snowing. In the dream I was thinking "it's gonna be a good season if it's snowing this early."

Geoff

I'm about at 2. I'm headed to Chile for the last week of August. I'll be pegging the Jones meter around mid-August. I just got in from rowing for an hour. I spent a couple of hours on my bicycle this morning. Summer is just fine though I'd kind of like it 10 degrees cooler.

Terry

What type of disc problem and which disc do you have? I just had an epidural steroid inj again yesterday for the third time in my l5, and s1. If this doesn't help, the dr is going to discus further options.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Out of sight, out of mind and hot weather keeps me around a 5. It starts moving much higher as the days grow shorter and the anticipation of first snow starts to kick in and ski trips get finalized. Usually end of August, beginning of september my thoughts are about equipment, trips, etc.

What he said. Me thinks we need a poll....

downhill04

What type of disc problem and which disc do you have? I just had an epidural steroid inj again yesterday for the third time in my l5, and s1. If this doesn't help, the dr is going to discus further options.

I jammed my back going off a tiny hit, which resulted in a “massive paracentral rupture of disk L5-S1”. My doctor told me from the get go, that because the rupture was so large, surgery was probably going to be the only thing to get rid of the pain. I went through 2 rounds of the epidural steroid injects. They made me feel like a million bucks for about 2 weeks then the pain came right back as strong as ever.

It’s been close to 7 months of living in pain and I finally broke down and scheduled the surgery. The procedure I’m having is called a micro-discectomy. Basically they are going into the spine and cutting away at the effected disk so that it no longer is pinching the nerve. It is an out patient procedure so I will be out of the hospital the same day of the surgery. Recovery period is 4-6 weeks followed by 6-8 weeks of PT to regain mobility.

Terry

I jammed my back going off a tiny hit, which resulted in a “massive paracentral rupture of disk L5-S1”. My doctor told me from the get go, that because the rupture was so large, surgery was probably going to be the only thing to get rid of the pain. I went through 2 rounds of the epidural steroid injects. They made me feel like a million bucks for about 2 weeks then the pain came right back as strong as ever.

It’s been close to 7 months of living in pain and I finally broke down and scheduled the surgery. The procedure I’m having is called a micro-discectomy. Basically they are going into the spine and cutting away at the effected disk so that it no longer is pinching the nerve. It is an out patient procedure so I will be out of the hospital the same day of the surgery. Recovery period is 4-6 weeks followed by 6-8 weeks of PT to regain mobility.
Good luck with the procedure. Keep us posted on the progress. I had 2 injections in May 07 that worked untill june this year. Hoping that this inj helps as well. We'll see in a couple of days. Right now the pain is the same and I have had a massive headache since last night. But that is part of the side effects.

downhill04

Good luck with the procedure. Keep us posted on the progress. I had 2 injections in May 07 that worked untill june this year. Hoping that this inj helps as well. We'll see in a couple of days. Right now the pain is the same and I have had a massive headache since last night. But that is part of the side effects.

Thanks! I will keep you posted.