• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

awf170

1, I would rather go mountain biking instead of skiing right now. So unless tomorrow was a powder day, or even better, perfect spring conditions in the Chic Chocs/Mt. Washington I probably wouldn't go even if it was winter. Mountain biking fills, and lots of times surpasses everything I like about skiing, except for this:

2524889506_39dbcb3b06_o.jpg

There just isn't an equal comparison in mountain biking to that. So yeah, after looking at that pic, maybe a 2/3.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
1, I would rather go mountain biking instead of skiing right now. So unless tomorrow was a powder day, or even better, perfect spring conditions in the Chic Chocs/Mt. Washington I probably wouldn't go even if it was winter. Mountain biking fills, and lots of times surpasses everything I like about skiing, except for this:

2524889506_39dbcb3b06_o.jpg

There just isn't an equal comparison in mountain biking to that. So yeah, after looking at that pic, maybe a 2/3.

while tech lines are fun. the thing that drew me into riding was the ability to turn terrain in to smooth, flowing line. as long as there is a line i find that i can ride and make it look smooth i am happy. there is deffinatly some single track where that happens its just not the same as snowboarding for me.

Moe Ghoul

T-minus 90 days more or less...

soon enough.

Feeling good today.

3 cheers :daffy: I'm looking over the club trips, The Taos trip is condo style, 2 bedroom, quad occupancy which is great with folks you know, and maybe not so great when matched up with the leftover folks, kinda like getting picked last for a team, lol. Plus I snore like a bear.

3 cheers :daffy: I'm looking over the club trips, The Taos trip is condo style, 2 bedroom, quad occupancy which is great with folks you know, and maybe not so great when matched up with the leftover folks, kinda like getting picked last for a team, lol. Plus I snore like a bear.

Is there some kind of a system like a sock on the door if one of the guys brings a girl back. Not that I get much action on ski trips..but I wouldn't want a snoring bear to be a cock-block..lol

Moe Ghoul

Is there some kind of a system like a sock on the door if one of the guys brings a girl back. Not that I get much action on ski trips..but I wouldn't want a snoring bear to be a cock-block..lol

Not that I'm aware of, the folks I've taken the trips with aren't the single pick up types. Most are married or in a relationship, and the few single folks are sexually ambiguous from what I can tell. If there's any friggin' in the riggin' I haven't seen it.

Greg

Staff member
Ski jones rating? At the moment, about a negative one million:

fuelex7.jpg

Terry

I'm at a 10 right now. Went to the tent sale last night. Bought some new socks, and gloves. Was wearing my skiboots, gloves and jacket last night when it was 90 degrees in here. A few drinks helped also. :snow:
:daffy:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I am still enjoying summer. Two more kayaks to try before making a buying decision and after a dozen days at the golf range, I just did my first par 3 course (averaging 6 strokes a hole, but it was fun! I learned you really do make half your shots near or on the green :roll: ). We just did some camping this past week. Got some work weekends coming up and that may jones me up just a tad. But it is hard to think about skiing when it is this damn hot out. Though a new pair of bindings and a new brain bucket jazzed me up to a 2 or so.

wa-loaf

I heard somewhere Sundown's seeding bumps on every summit trail this year

Really? I heard they decided to go in a different direction. They're going to be the CT ski race center, so the trails are going to be groomed smooth all season. ;-)

jk

Greg

Staff member
I just did my first par 3 course (averaging 6 strokes a hole, but it was fun! I learned you really do make half your shots near or on the green :roll: ).

Double par golf. Sweet! :lol: I did 18 holes at a par 3 course on the Cape and got mostly 5s with a few 4s and 6s scattered in there. Par 3 courses are great for working on your short game which as you mention is where most of the strokes (in my case usually in the form of putts :roll:) occur. I can definitely see the appeal of golf. I just don't have the time and extra cash to do it often enough to get better than a double/triple bogey golfer.