• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

Greg

Staff member
Rate your current ski jones on a 1 to 10 scale as follows:

1 - No Jones
10 - Off the chart jones

Terry

Most days it is an 8 but right now I would be happy just to be able to do anything.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd put it at about a 5. Normally it would be around an 8, but I've been far too busy moving, painting, tiling, working etc over the past month to think much about anything else.

dmc

1... It's summer.. :)

Since I move to the Catskills... I like summer a whole lot better...
I'll start jonesin' around late August...

Moe Ghoul

Out of sight, out of mind and hot weather keeps me around a 5. It starts moving much higher as the days grow shorter and the anticipation of first snow starts to kick in and ski trips get finalized. Usually end of August, beginning of september my thoughts are about equipment, trips, etc.

JohnGD33

I would usually be about a 10 but I have a ton of work to do for my masters degree. I would say about 7.5 but once September hits I will most likely be an eleven.

powderman

6: I jone every now and then, but I have other things to look forward to at the time. I'll be jonesing a lot in early Fall.

drjeff

I'm probably in the 3 or 4 range. I do think about it every so often, but I also really enjoy my "summer" sports too and I definately haven't gotten my fill of those yet!

My jones level will likely increase in another week or two when I head upto my place at Mount Snow for the weekend and see all of the new fanguns they've installed/ are waiting to be installed - that really increased my jones level ALOT last summer :)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I agree with out of sight, out of mind. Even though my skis and boots are in the kitchen and I see them all day long, it's not the highest priority for me right now (nor is it really a thought in my mind). I'm too busy running and doing other things to be jonesing for skiing right now.

arik

I am at a 7 or 8, but I am going to Chile to ski in 3 weeks so it's on my mind, have to pack my skis and stuff to bring it down to NYC from VT

JasonE

Website
www.kittiesforacure.com
For most of June I was at about a 5. Floating somewhere in the back of my mind, but not totally obnoxious about it. However, a day or two ago someone over at SnowJournal posted a video of themselves skiing at tucks on July 5th, and that got me going. Right now I'm running about a 9.75 on the jones-o-meter and it's only going up from there.

I actually was flipping through a ski history book I have on the shelf last night and saw a picture of people doing grass skiing (using these wierd little rolly things on their feet instead of skis) and actually said "where can I get those feet things????"

And for those about to suggest a trip up to tucks... no. Alas, my wife heard some horror-stories about people dieing there and now won't let me go.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
For most of June I was at about a 5. Floating somewhere in the back of my mind, but not totally obnoxious about it. However, a day or two ago someone over at SnowJournal posted a video of themselves skiing at tucks on July 5th, and that got me going. Right now I'm running about a 9.75 on the jones-o-meter and it's only going up from there.

I actually was flipping through a ski history book I have on the shelf last night and saw a picture of people doing grass skiing (using these wierd little rolly things on their feet instead of skis) and actually said "where can I get those feet things????"

And for those about to suggest a trip up to tucks... no. Alas, my wife heard some horror-stories about people dieing there and now won't let me go.

Just tell her the vast majority of people that die there are retards that get in avalanches. No avi danger this time of year = no problem.

bvibert

Staff member
Probably 2 or three I guess. Too much other stuff going on to get too carried away by it. It will slowly get worse as the summer goes on and then start to rise rapidly once fall like weather approaches...