• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

rocks860

And now my legs literally feel like they're ripping off my body so I'm calling it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolMike

Heading up tomorrow night - totally stoked!

What should be my game plan? I'll only hit the Bush twice this year - this weekend and again in a few weekends. Only have Saturday to ski and I will be with my wife who right now is an intermediate (she was good but took a year off to have my baby and is now timid). Also she will want to do a bunch of groomed runs during the day.

Are the conditions at ME as good as LP? I want to hit Castlerock for a run or two as well. I bet Paradise is amazing right now.

Perhaps just stay at LP rather than try to do both in one day?

Cheers!

bushpilot

Heading up tomorrow night - totally stoked!

What should be my game plan? I'll only hit the Bush twice this year - this weekend and again in a few weekends. Only have Saturday to ski and I will be with my wife who right now is an intermediate (she was good but took a year off to have my baby and is now timid). Also she will want to do a bunch of groomed runs during the day.

Are the conditions at ME as good as LP? I want to hit Castlerock for a run or two as well. I bet Paradise is amazing right now.

Perhaps just stay at LP rather than try to do both in one day?

Cheers!

Stay at LP. Groomers will be good. Yesterday gatehouse was empty (usually pretty corwded on weekends) so my son and I stayed over there for a while. Birch was great and sleeper (chutes and the blue one) were wonderful. Moonshine and Lixi's were a little thin in spots but very nice.

bushpilot

And now my legs literally feel like they're ripping off my body so I'm calling it a day

Lightweight!!! Take some beta alanine and eat a pickle and get back out there before it all melts! Next time you want to call it quits at 1 come cover for me at work and I will get after it! :wink:

rocks860

Lightweight!!! Take some beta alanine and eat a pickle and get back out there before it all melts! Next time you want to call it quits at 1 come cover for me at work and I will get after it! :wink:

1? More like 3 and never stopped for lunch or anything. This was moonshine today, bit thin in spots but super covered everywhere else. Very fun and didn't see another soul on it
4e8ec3ac9dd1ee268fea8cae2c4998d7.jpg
e35bc619864b55fc8a81befaa8dd3a63.jpg

bushpilot

1? More like 3 and never stopped for lunch or anything.

Sorry :-o Time stamp on your post was 1. Come cover for me anyway!

If the school bus comes on time tomorrow I am planning on LP until noon to be at work for a 1pm meeting. Any bets I am late to that meeting? I never leave when I have to.

Duncanator24

Anybody know when Sugarbush usually switches over to closing lifts at 5pm? I know it's towards the end of March but was not quite sure when.

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Anybody know when Sugarbush usually switches over to closing lifts at 5pm? I know it's towards the end of March but was not quite sure when.

Don't know yet about this year, but in years past, it's been after Mt Ellen closes, so that would be sometime after April 2 this year.

SkiingInABlueDream

I'll be up at the Bush this weekend.
The Castlerock Comp is on Sunday. Wondering if that changes the regular advice of ME on Sat and LP on Sun as the best shot to sidestep crowds, short of staying at ME the whole time?
I don't expect it to be uncrowded anywhere.

tumbler

Sweet sweet nectar!!! I can't to have about 3 later when I pull in.

rocks860

I'm slowly recalling that I haven't eaten anything today. Maybe this was a bad choice

jimmywilson69

you guys are freaking killing me in this thread. Stoke, Sip of Sunshine... How the hell am I supposed to get anything done today!

JDMRoma

I'm slowly recalling that I haven't eaten anything today. Maybe this was a bad choice

Eating is Bad for your buzz !
Drop another SOS and you'll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Well easily at least the top 2 days of skiing of my life and the other 2 were great as well, this week definitely made the whole season worthwhile.

Semi tough was still amazing today and brambles was still great. Skied lower fis which has good snow but the run out was rough. Exterminator was good too although the top was a bit icy

cdskier

Pretty awesome out there today and actually less crowded than I expected. ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1489793739.065695.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1489793769.167551.jpg

My legs definitely felt like jello at the end of the day though!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

rocks860

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Castlerock run? Looks familiar or is it birch?

rocks860

I want to put up a whole trip report but I'm too lazy to at this point, to many beers to dull the pain in my legs