• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

ducky

8 laps on Steins today, then some Ripcord and Jester. Steins was best, groomed and edgable. 20k vert in 3 hours, day 61.

rocks860

8 laps on Steins today, then some Ripcord and Jester. Steins was best, groomed and edgable. 20k vert in 3 hours, day 61.

I actually preferred ripcord to steins when I skied it this morning. At least when I skied steins there was a lot of chunky frozen snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tumbler

In order to keep up with demand they have been using that facility in CT. Not sure what their deal was. I think the main purpose of buy the Rent-all building was to move production back up to VT. I am sure all the details will come out.

I think the Sip and Super session will be staying in CT so they don't have to put in a large canning facility to handle the demand. I recall small batch brewing and a resturant, outdoor area at the rent-all site.

WinS

Man, I am not sure why Mother nature is so pissed off at the Bush. That R#@ Saturday night could not have been more poorly timed. You have to feel bad for them. Lets hope that this week brings better fortune.

Yup. We got more light rain and it lasted longer than the forecast. What was groomed early turned out to be the worst. I skied Stein's twice first thing on Saturday and for strong skiers it wasn't bad, but it you could not set an edge it was not a lot of fun. Interestingly the worst trail of the day in my opinion was Lower Snowball. The place to be yesterday was on North Lynx and The Gatehouse trails. I did not get to ME on Sunday but enjoyed it there Saturday.

Today, was a lot better. First runs down Stein's were soft and nice and all other trails were greatly improved other than Lower Snowball and Racer's Edge. The groomer's had a tough time ripping into the hard pack. Tonight when the temps fall we will be blowing snow on Upper Jester, and Lower Snowball and Racer's edge. That should make a big difference.

January is almost over. Let's hope that Feburary, March and April deliver what they historically have.

Orca

Is like Heady Tupperware better than Budweiser? Or like Miller Lite? Must be good if so, bro

;)

HowieT2

Yes, let's hope! We deserve it after the January we've had!

just saw the snow report. Never thought I’d see the words “refresh” and “lower snowball” in the same sentence. Bravo.

all the Lawson’s cans are from ct. been doing that for at least 3-4 years. And they are available everywhere.

glad to hear I’m not the only one who is not totally in love with heady topper.

Hawk

I think the Sip and Super session will be staying in CT so they don't have to put in a large canning facility to handle the demand. I recall small batch brewing and a resturant, outdoor area at the rent-all site.
I was told that the permit did not mention that a restaurant was going in and this was to be strictly a tasting and production facility. I am sure that someone out there has the intel.

tumbler

Copied from a more recent article:

The expanded Lawson’s Finest Liquids will brew in a high-ceilinged warehouse built in 2004 that Valley Rent-All used to dry huge tents it rented out for weddings and other large-scale events. The adjacent building from the 1980s that the equipment-rental business used as its showroom will be torn down according to plans and replaced with a new building housing an 80-seat taproom, an outdoor beer garden, retail space and offices. The taproom would offer light food including cheese, bread and salami.

tumbler

just saw the snow report. Never thought I’d see the words “refresh” and “lower snowball” in the same sentence. Bravo.

all the Lawson’s cans are from ct. been doing that for at least 3-4 years. And they are available everywhere.

glad to hear I’m not the only one who is not totally in love with heady topper.

I hope Lower Grinder is next for refresh.

Focal Banger #1
Sip #2
Heady #3

Bosco DaSkia

Copied from a more recent article:
The taproom would offer light food including cheese, bread and salami.

What? You got to make your own sandwich? So, they gonna just sling a plate of meat and cheese your way and say "finish it yo self"? How much you think that gonna cost? I predict $22, without mustard. Mustard be extra $$......

:cool:

rocks860

I hope Lower Grinder is next for refresh.

Focal Banger #1
Sip #2
Heady #3

I’m not a huge sip fan. It’s good but it go heady, focal, sip. My opinion may be tainted as I’ve had a lot of the sip that’s canned down at two roads and for some reason it doesn’t seem as good as the stuff up here. I will say Julius is probably right up there with heady, it’s amazing

kingslug

Heady Topper is still my favorite IPA...
At my favorite bar in NYC I heard a can pop..hmm...some reason I figured it was Heady. Gave the bartender..the look..she knew, and soon I had a glass. Its like gold over here.

rocks860

At my favorite bar in NYC I heard a can pop..hmm...some reason I figured it was Heady. Gave the bartender..the look..she knew, and soon I had a glass. Its like gold over here.

Just finished up at the brewery. Got tastes of heady, crusher and focal banger and left with 3 4 packs of heady, 1 of focal banger, one of luscious (British imperial stout) and 1 of el jefe (dark ipa). I owe some people payment for helping me move so sadly I won’t be drinking all of it

rocks860

If you can ever get your hands on Julius from treehouse do it. I have a feeling you’ll enjoy it immensely.

bzrperfspec77

Wow... I came on here to catch up on the Bush's status for next weekend's trip and read the past couple pages... For some reason, I am really thirsty for a beer right now. :beer:

Treehouse>Alchemist - Although Focal is in my Top 10