• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpine, Backcountry, or Cross country?

I am a...

• Alpine/downhill Skier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Backcountry Skier

• Cross country Skier

• Alpine + Backcountry

• Alpine + Cross country

• Backcountry + Cross country

• All three!

• Total voters

Greg

Staff member
Just curious whether anyone backcountry or X-country skis. I'm stricly an alpine skier, but I definitely would like to try some backcountry some day...

Greg

Staff member
Folks who snowboard are welcome to vote too, but obviously the Xcountry option is not applicable...

J

jlangdale

Same boat, I apline/download + snowboard. I'm waiting on getting my GPS before I venture in the backcountry. I'm thinking about going down the back side of Sugarbush or something one day or Phen Basin still.

Considering getting a split snowboard too.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Cross-country but prefer the backcountry kind (ie, backcountry touring) as opposed to skinny-skiing the tracks at groomed centres.

I *have* to get in at least one lesson on alpine, though, before the last weekend in Feburary, when I'm staying at Killington. I need to be able to get out there on the greens and the lifts on my own...